VOIP for business phone?

All I'd like is for my business name to show up on people's caller ID. Right now I have home phone service through Comcast and they tell me there's no way to my business name to show up with a residential package - only a business package which is triple the rates.

Anyone have any options for my biz name to show up on caller ID?

bump... anyone??

I heard that T-Mobile is offering a VOIP service for $10 a month. Supposedly you can call anywhere in the USA. Does anyone have any details or has tried it?

I have 2 lines with it. It's a 7 out of 10. If you know anything about voip, it's not true voip, it's gsm encoding over IP protocol, so it will sound like a good cell phone call at best. Now, a good cell phone call can sound really good, and if your connectivity is good (low jitter, not just big pipes), you'll do pretty well.

So far, I would use it for home, not sure about a business line. They flat out say don't even bother trying to fax with it.

Price is right. They are still working out a few kinks, since everything is setup as if it's a cell phone, including the voicemail. I had a fun conversation with them about the voicemail system adding in the 'Press 5 to send a numeric page' type of thing. They couldn't answer where the numeric page would show up (hint: it doesn't).

It's a cool concept.

Dan

I have had some customers who complained about echo sounds and the talking seems to be delayed at times. The delay seems to hurt me on faxes the most. At times I have trouble sending faxes for no reason whatsoever. I have saved a lot of money and the savings is worth the small troubles I do have.

The T-MOBILE deal I believe requires their cell phone service, which has no IPHONE - so forget that. Life without my Iphone are they nuts?

Not happening!!!!

I am getting this installed in about 1 week , they just snaked the wires to my office buildings. The price I contracted on was $20/mo and they are throwing in the "phone system" for no charge, where I can transfer between extensions, and voice mail - I won't need to buy a PBX or SOHO system.

Basic cable is free as well.

I think for 8 lines, 1 is a fax line, unlimited LD, Internet, and basic cable it was around $300/mo

Absolute steal.
$20/month Comcast VOIP and basic cable. Is that an introductory offer?

I have a P & C agency and we went with Vonage several years ago. It was 8 by 8 for a few years and then they were purchased by Vonage. Over all I have been satisfied with Vonage. I really like the feature where a call to the office will ring to my cell if there is a problem at the office. For example, last year we a tornado and the electricity was off for 7 days. During this time our office phones wouldn't work but we were able to service our customers from home because the calls automatically transferred to our cell phones.

Back