Voluntary Benefits

cbrunache

Looking for an voluntary employee interest survey to for a 28 person
group that currently has a health plan that is 100 percent employer paid.
Thanks for any help.

Been doing voluntary benefits for 4 years and surveys barely ever work. It's all about getting the employer to let you educate the employees on how to protect themselves and giving you good enrollment conditions. Things that have helped me get good enrollment conditions are: explaining the enrollment in terms of me doing the work for the employer, calling it an "invisible enrollment" as in 15 minutes w/ each employee doing a tag system so we're not taking everyone away from work at once, cracking jokes about how i'm too nice to hard sell, flat out saying polling never works but if they can learn about the programs i've never had anyone not be interested and usually half will participate. if anyone is getting good results from a survey I would love to see it. also would like to hear how others are getting by the "let me ask my employees" objection.

Good timing for this post- just met with a group starting up what looks like a decent Voluntary Benefits MLM- no other way to put it...Term Life, Long Term and Short Term Disability, Hospital Indemnity, Supplementals, etc.

I can see where it would be a fit for some of my existing Financial Planning clients for their employees, but is this a niche that would make any sense to perhaps build a sales team and also market through Group Agencies?

No underwriting, no minimum participating rates, 2 employees and up? A little insight from you experts, as this isn't my business focus, but on paper, it looks intriguing. Please help!

Good timing for this post- just met with a group starting up what looks like a decent Voluntary Benefits MLM- no other way to put it...Term Life, Long Term and Short Term Disability, Hospital Indemnity, Supplementals, etc.

I can see where it would be a fit for some of my existing Financial Planning clients for their employees, but is this a niche that would make any sense to perhaps build a sales team and also market through Group Agencies?

No underwriting, no minimum participating rates, 2 employees and up? A little insight from you experts, as this isn't my business focus, but on paper, it looks intriguing. Please help!

Voluntary is moving from niche to mainstream. You could build a sales team or just outsource it by partnering up w/ an agency that does strictly voluntary benefits. For example, you would refer them to your clients, they would do all the work, and give you a generous commission split. That is the blueprint for my agency and so far so good.

A lot of policies have underwriting, minimums are usually 1,2, or 3 people depending on the company. Usually min group size is 3.

Looking for an voluntary employee interest survey to for a 28 person group that currently has a health plan that is 100 percent employer paid. Thanks for any help.

I agreee with Keatz. Waste of time and paper shuffling.

Thanks guys, very helpful...yeah this one has a minimum of 2, no underwriting....have found a couple of large groups I have networked with in the past that looks like they are going to run with it, plus found another group of consultants that work with small businesses that want to run with it as well.

Ran this by these guys as well as a few others who work in that arena and they like the products...always nice to find something worthwhile like this. Plus the business owners I handle their retirement planning want to meet and discuss...certainly appears to be a pain these owners are feeling, and what better way to sell insurance than to cure a pain.

Anyone out there that handles group and looking for a pretty decent product, good commissions and easy one-page apps, let me know and I'll turn you onto it. Include an email addy, as I haven't hit the 20 posts to send email...someday, my son, you too will hit 20 posts and be able to email like the big dogs.

Last comment, keep the military in your thoughts and prayers, they are still humping it out there- my son just missed his second Father's Day with his precious little daughter due to his deployment. God Bless those men and women!

Back