Vonage or Magic Jack

Which one is a better choice for a serious caller?

Just as an FYI.. for the non-serious caller, I have free phone service at home now, using what I learned about online somewhere. It's using an Obi110 ATA device in conjunction with Google voice, which is free.

So, for only the cost of the ATA device, plugged into the internet at the house, I then run a phone cord from the ATA into any one phone jack. It then gives phone service throughout the house.

We use cordless phones via a three-pack from Wal-Mart. So there are phones everywhere in the house and they all work great. I even paid, I think it was $12 per year for E-911 service, which you don't get with Google voice.

Here's how I set up free phone service for home.
Free Home Phone Service with Google VoiceChristopher Westfall

_

Google is ending the support for third party devices in May of 2014. I too use the Obi for my home phone via GV. I love it and cannot believe how well it has worked for the past year and a half. I wish I would have done it sooner. Now I'm trying to figure out what to do so that I can keep using my Obi.

The obi is still working for me six weeks after the planned cutoff. They have a new service available now for new buyers of obi. Check out their website. Just search for Obihai and you will find it. I will keep using Google Voice until it finally stops working.

Gulliver

Back