W-9 Form

MedStar

I am filling out contracting paperwork to sell health insurance (Anthem Blue Cross) and part of the process involves submitting a W-9 (Request for Taxpayer Identification Number and Certification).

In box "3a" it states: "Check the appropriate box for federal tax classification of the entity/individual..."

The options are:
  • Individual / sole proprietor
  • C corp
  • S corp
  • Partnership
  • Trust
  • LLC (C/S corp, partnership)
  • other
I am contracting with the insurance company as an "individual" (not an agency) but I would like to have all my earnings funnel into my business LLC without a tax liability for me individually.

The form further goes on to say about the "LLC" option:

Enter the tax classification (C = C corporation, S = S corporation, P = Partnership)

Note: Check the "LLC" box above and, in the entry space, enter the appropriate code (C, S, or P) for the tax classification of the LLC, unless it is a disregarded entity. A disregarded entity should instead check the appropriate box for the tax classification of its owner.

I am the owner but not a: C, S or P

How can I get my earnings into my LLC pre-tax?

I am filling out contracting paperwork to sell health insurance (Anthem Blue Cross) and part of the process involves submitting a W-9 (Request for Taxpayer Identification Number and Certification).

In box "3a" it states: "Check the appropriate box for federal tax classification of the entity/individual..."

The options are:
  • Individual / sole proprietor
  • C corp
  • S corp
  • Partnership
  • Trust
  • LLC (C/S corp, partnership)
  • other
I am contracting with the insurance company as an "individual" (not an agency) but I would like to have all my earnings funnel into my business LLC without a tax liability for me individually.

The form further goes on to say about the "LLC" option:

Enter the tax classification (C = C corporation, S = S corporation, P = Partnership)

Note: Check the "LLC" box above and, in the entry space, enter the appropriate code (C, S, or P) for the tax classification of the LLC, unless it is a disregarded entity. A disregarded entity should instead check the appropriate box for the tax classification of its owner.

I am the owner but not a: C, S or P

How can I get my earnings into my LLC pre-tax?
Step 1)
Get an entity license and assign all of your commissions to the entity.

Step 2)
File as an S corp.

Back