WAS gonna post in getting started...

I would ask for a new mentor. Especially after he's paying to take the test again.

Penny wise, pound foolish

Also.. don't you have a pre-licensing requirement?

I took the test once in SC and once in MI. The pre-licensing requirement was more than enough.

THANKS I was on the fence about what to do til I read your comment. And I just ordered a guide from eBay.

Reviews on eBay and here note the books almost never change--this one was brand new in wrapper, printed 2018 but copyright 2004.

Other reviews reminded me that insurance exams are pretty easy--ALWAYS go for the absurdly long answer!

Question: You make a life insurance presentation to a prospect and he is still undecided. You should:

A. Beat the Crap out of him
B. Leave and poop on his yard
C. Call the state Insurance Volunteers, his Power of Attorney, Beneficiary and order a copy of the state document 1;6;889;LI and set up a meeting in the carriers board room with all present

Voila!

THANKS I was on the fence about what to do til I read your comment. And I just ordered a guide from eBay.

Reviews on eBay and here note the books almost never change--this one was brand new in wrapper, printed 2018 but copyright 2004.

Other reviews reminded me that insurance exams are pretty easy--ALWAYS go for the absurdly long answer!

Question: You make a life insurance presentation to a prospect and he is still undecided. You should:

A. Beat the Crap out of him
B. Leave and poop on his yard
C. Call the state Insurance Volunteers, his Power of Attorney, Beneficiary and order a copy of the state document 1;6;889;LI and set up a meeting in the carriers board room with all present

Voila!

I'm sorry, maybe something was lost in translation.

Full disclosure, I don't care what you do. I think it's silly to go to eBay for study materials for a different state that are a different year... Then again, I think the upsell packages for the Insurance license are silly. The pre-licensing course is pretty through.

If it works for you and yours, great.

Personally, if someone that was going to mentor me said, I got this guide off the Internet for 2012 from Illinois for only $20, my first question would be, "Don't I live in Michigan?"

Ultimately do you. Insurance laws do change and are different from state to state. That's why there's a pre-licensing course.

Back