We urge CMS to require brokers and agents to reveal commissions, commission residual schedules, bonu

Seriously? If someone asks you the commission structure, you tell them (in whatever way) to KMA? Nice way to gain trust with your clients.

1. Its pretty easy to Google it
2. Consumers SHOULD know how much we make.
3. If someone looks, I bitch about the commission disparity between MS and MAPD on a regular basis on Twitter.
4. EVERYONE makes more on MAPD. Carriers, General Agents, Agents. Anyone who doesn't think "follow the money" isn't contributing the rise in MAPD needs to wake up.
5. Here's my spiel: "I make 3x as much on Medicare Advantage vs Medicare Supplement. If you want the exact numbers, I can give you Advantage because its published by CMS, if you want Medigap, it varies based on carrier. For budgeting purposes, I assume $22 per month for 7 years."

And the sexist answer. Women, especially, need to be more open on income/salary. It will help to destroy the wage gap. The days of not disclosing income between peers needs to end. On the other hand, the wage gap was a contributing factor in me jumping off the cliff.

Seriously? If someone asks you the commission structure, you tell them (in whatever way) to KMA? Nice way to gain trust with your clients.

3. If someone looks, I bitch about the commission disparity between MS and MAPD on a regular basis on Twitter.
4. EVERYONE makes more on MAPD. Carriers, General Agents, Agents. Anyone who doesn't think "follow the money" isn't contributing the rise in MAPD needs to wake up.
5. Here's my spiel: "I make 3x as much on Medicare Advantage vs Medicare Supplement. If you want the exact numbers, I can give you Advantage because its published by CMS, if you want Medigap, it varies based on carrier. For budgeting purposes, I assume $22 per month for 7 years."

And the sexist answer. Women, especially, need to be more open on income/salary. It will help to destroy the wage gap. The days of not disclosing income between peers needs to end. On the other hand, the wage gap was a contributing factor in me jumping off the cliff.

That’not true at all and a very wrong statement.90% of mapd plans written are rewrites and not new to Medicare . You make $300 a yr or the same or less than a med sup . Plus my mapd is 3 times the work overall per yr . I get 20 calls a day . Mapd with the benefits has opened a Pandora’s box of constant questions and problems . Why did the dentist bill me $200? How come I had to pay for this ? I lost my food card . What’s this $300 bill ? My food cards not working ? Why did the vision people not take my ins .Again lower income / uneducated people much more service . Med sup pays 100% and you rarely get questions on that . Mapd and part d both get the same rx questions . Also very very important . Mapd clients can move 2-4 times a yr . Constant new plans cause mass anxiety for the agent . Mapd overall lower income people . Your med sup is overall staying on the books 6 yrs . Mine is much tougher long term persistency. Also mapd clients seem to be in worse health than med sup people and more deaths . Lower income people usually are . The many more moving parts of mapd cause more work.

Now I agree the override structure 5 times in mapd over med sup . The marketing money Insane . Yes mapd much easier to sell than med sup as it’s no cost . But it’s 100 times easier for clients to switch as no premium and no underwriting. A med sup book is much more stable and predictable than a mapd book

I mean, I don't like talking about specifics of money, AND I don't think it changes anything on my end... but as long as it isn't part of a script and people have to ask I'd be fine with it

Read the last part with my sexist answer. But I hear you!

Not sure if this is just for biological women, or if it includes men who identify as women. :err:

mail

mail

Ready to network with successful women who empower and motivate you to reach your full potential? Meet the Women’s Mentoring Agent Network (WOMAN). One of the first women-specific programs for financial professionals in the industry, WOMAN is an opportunity to learn, share, connect, and network with your peers to help you grow personally and achieve greater success professionally.

When you participate in the WOMAN Program, you will experience:

• Exclusive forums showcasing industry experts, motivational messages, and best business practices through interactive sessions
  • A private WOMAN Facebook group and unique events that allow you to connect and network with top-producing women in the financial services industry
  • Roundtable discussions and breakout sessions designed to address the successes and challenges you encounter
  • Regular communications that focus on enhancing your business and marketing to clients and prospects
Qualify to join our WOMAN Elite Program:

Be recognized as a leader and top producer in the industry through our Elite Program. You’ll earn exclusive rewards and benefits based on your production. The more business you write, the more rewards you’ll receive—like an Elite Dashboard to track your progress, awards and recognition

for your hard work and accomplishments, as well as WOMAN Forum extras.

WOMAN provides a unique opportunity to receive encouragement, sales ideas and business insights from a group of your peers and industry experts.

GET MORE INFO

“The WOMAN Program has helped me immensely because of the guidance, the marketing ideas, and the elite women sharing what they are doing and what’s working for them.” – Bonnie W.

Call us today at 800.852.7152 to learn how the WOMAN program can help you and your business grow.

The testimonial(s) provided may not be representative of the experience of other financial professionals and are no guarantee of future success. This testimonial was not paid for. For Financial Professional use only, not for use with the general public. ©2022 BILLC. All rights reserved. #22-0429-051923

Western Marketing | 318 West Huron St, Missouri Valley, IA 51555

Another thing nobody talks about when mentioning comp with mapd are the prorated commissions . In July I make $150,aug $125 , sept $100. That hardly pays gas . From your Oct 1- Jan 5 th you make zero commissions outside renewals . A new agent starting out having to buy his own leads has little chance to succeed selling mapd only . I saw the 2 plus yr potential of Medicare and the chance to get off the fe hamster wheel . This week again fortified my choice as the Medicare renewal checks hit . It’s so sweet .But the overrides renewals for agents are crazy . I know a guy with 10 or so producing agents making $300k a yr in overrides .

Another thing nobody talks about when mentioning comp with mapd are the prorated commissions . In July I make $150,aug $125 , sept $100. That hardly pays gas . From your Oct 1- Jan 5 th you make zero commissions outside renewals . A new agent starting out having to buy his own leads has little chance to succeed selling mapd only . I saw the 2 plus yr potential of Medicare and the chance to get off the fe hamster wheel . This week again fortified my choice as the Medicare renewal checks hit . It’s so sweet .But the overrides renewals for agents are crazy . I know a guy with 10 or so producing agents making $300k a yr in overrides .

Get on the 100% t65 train. Then none of that applies.

That said, my med supps pay $443 a year. MAPD pays $601 then $300. Add in a drug plan and I’ll make more on med Supp.

Consumers SHOULD know how much we make.

I don't understand why they should know how much we make. Can you elaborate why this would be helpful? Maybe I'm just slow.

It does not change - in any way - their summary of benefits, their EOBs, their premiums, their rate increases, their network (or lack of it), or anything else in their lives.

Back