WEBSITE CONTENT: Where Can I Find Free Web Content?

Not correct! One page websites are considered spam websites by the search engines and will not rank on a permanent basis

You need original non-duplicated content, so you can't simply grab content and expect it to rank that work. (Not to mention that grabbing content could be a copyright infringement.)

As an agency owner about five years ago I began to explore Internet marketing and since then we produce original content for our personal insurance websites and we produce content for other insurance agents, and their websites.

Writing is a skill, of course anyone can write something but will it make sense from a sales standpoint , and more importantly will it make sense to the search engines.

Most web design firms that create websites have absolutely no idea how to rank websites.

While I agree with your philosophy for the most part, you can rank single pages. Do you know what a blog roll is? As much as Google wants you to believe otherwise it is completely possible to make crappy content authoritative: see yahoo answers.

Not correct! One page websites are considered spam websites by the search engines and will not rank on a permanent basis

obvisiouly, you havent looked at the SERPS for competitive insurance keywords in a LONG TIME.....haha

no website ranks on a perm basis anyway anymore unless ur a big brand=lead vendor or insurance carrier......sooooo, rank.....anyway u can, make bank selling leads or insurance.....rinse and repeat?

Most web design firms that create websites have absolutely no idea how to rank websites.

sounds like neither do u

If it's free, you get what you pay for. Plus, you don't want carbon copy content because, that can kill your page ranking. Spend some quality time writing your own content. Then, have a technical writer or someone you know proof it. Always go with originality.

Raph3988 said:
While I agree with your philosophy for the most part, you can rank single pages. Do you know what a blog roll is? As much as Google wants you to believe otherwise it is completely possible to make crappy content authoritative: see yahoo answers.

Allow me to clarify. When I mentioned a one page website, it is a site that lacks content. I have many, many page one listings for single articles. Google: cheap auto insurance cincinnati

My website has one single page post listed on the first page, not the main site. A post.

Lets assume an individual who builds blog networks, builds a one page word press site with no Content other than the first page builds it merely to place spam comments for his customers for back links... Do you think that this type of website has much of a chance of being ranked for competitive keyword terms?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
YouGotMyMoney said:
obvisiouly, you havent looked at the SERPS for competitive insurance keywords in a LONG TIME.....haha

no website ranks on a perm basis anyway anymore unless ur a big brand=lead vendor or insurance carrier......sooooo, rank.....anyway u can, make bank selling leads or insurance.....rinse and repeat?

sounds like neither do u

Think so? Please allow me ask you a few questions since you have some strong personal opinions whether they're correct or not: (We can allow others to judge for themselves.)

1-Are you in the insurance industry engaged in search engine optimization specifically for the insurance industry? (Property and Casualty)

If so, or if not, you may not be aware that there are literally hundreds of different insurance keywords. (You are aware of that correct?)

2- You do realize that the most competitive keyword terms Normally yield few results for those who possess them correct?

Please allow me to share an example with you So there is no misinterpretation by my statement.

An agent in Pennsylvania possesses the top five most competitive keyword terms in his particular marketing area. So if you were to go to the Google keyword tool checker To learn what Google determines are the highest ranked keywords for his particular marketing area, and then you manually searched Those individual insurance keywords you would find that he in fact ranks for those top five keywords... Are you with me so far? (He is 15 minutes From Philadelphia)

So his website is listed on page 1 and position one organically on Google for those Coveted keywords.

Yesterday, he emailed me his analytics report, I compared it to mine and emailed him the report for my agency. (I provide SEO work for agents In noncompetitive areas if they ask me.)

His strategy Is based on ranking for the top keywords in the search results, he has achieved that.

But there was a startling difference between my analytics report and his. On average I obtained 10 times more page views, and over 6 times more new visitors in the last 30 days. (I have not engaged in much SEO on my web site in the last 4 months, so I have lost some ranking so apparently at least you do understand that you need to constantly work on your website to maintain organic results.)

My bounce rate is around 10%, his was a tad bit over 36%.

Here's another even more startling statistic: In the last 4 years I have produced more than 25 times more revenue for my agency from my website compared to his website. Ten times better results but 25 times more money.

Yes he ranks the top 5 keywords on his website, and I do not for my website... seems like a bit of a mystery doesn't it?

How can you explain those results YouGotMyMoney?

Is it slightly possible my strategy is more effective? What do you think?

Go to compete, check the hits to my web site. ( Compete is not remotely accurate but it will show a nice volume of hits to my site, I encourage you to check it.)

It's true that I don't look at my SERP results each day, every 2 days or so there about...

By the way YouGotMyMoney, Why not share your real name?

My name is Jack Thomas, I'm an Agency owner in Cincinnati Ohio. You're welcome to call me at my office, the number is 513-662-7000 let's catch up sometime. I'm sure you may know a trick or two about SEO since you are quite active making posts, what do you do for a living YouGotMyMoney ?

In the insurance business, web design, Or are you an affiliate marketer?

Last edited:
Most of us know his real name, his background, and his gig. The kid knows what he is talking about.

Sometimes people do know what they are talking about, but at the same time do not know what they are talking about.

I'm curious to know who this "kid" is. He in the insurance business? Or just somebody hanging out for fun?

Say, YouGotMyMoney, tell me your story, inquiring minds want to know. I'm always interested in networking with search engine optimization masterminds. (Ive been learning about this SEO thing for the last 5 years or so testing different strategies and techniques, I sure don't know everything, but I do know a few tricks or two.)

My office number is 513-662-7000... I'm not there right now of course. My office opens at 9 AM, give me a call, and let's chat.

I also started a company to help insurance agents with online marketing, who knows you may be interested in joing my team, always looking for bright young talent. Hit me up young man, I'll take your call...make sure you identify yourself from the insurance forum, my employees screen my calls so they won't pass you through unless you use this secret gatekeeper keyword:

Tell my girls, its YouGotMyMoney on line and I'll pick up the telephone lickety-split.

I won't be available in the afternoon after 1:00 Pm today (EST) have a few errands to run.

I'm Genuinely interested in talking to you, hope to hear from you soon YouGotMyMoney
Allow me to clarify. When I mentioned a one page website, it is a site that lacks content. I have many, many page one listings for single articles. Google: cheap auto insurance cincinnati

My website has one single page post listed on the first page, not the main site. A post.

Lets assume an individual who builds blog networks, builds a one page word press site with no Content other than the first page builds it merely to place spam comments for his customers for back links... Do you think that this type of website has much of a chance of being ranked for competitive keyword terms?

Think so? Please allow me ask you a few questions since you have some strong personal opinions whether they're correct or not: (We can allow others to judge for themselves.)

1-Are you in the insurance industry engaged in search engine optimization specifically for the insurance industry? (Property and Casualty)

If so, or if not, you may not be aware that there are literally hundreds of different insurance keywords. (You are aware of that correct?)

2- You do realize that the most competitive keyword terms Normally yield few results for those who possess them correct?

Please allow me to share an example with you So there is no misinterpretation by my statement.

An agent in Pennsylvania possesses the top five most competitive keyword terms in his particular marketing area. So if you were to go to the Google keyword tool checker To learn what Google determines are the highest ranked keywords for his particular marketing area, and then you manually searched Those individual insurance keywords you would find that he in fact ranks for those top five keywords... Are you with me so far? (He is 15 minutes From Philadelphia)

So his website is listed on page 1 and position one organically on Google for those Coveted keywords.

Yesterday, he emailed me his analytics report, I compared it to mine and emailed him the report for my agency. (I provide SEO work for agents In noncompetitive areas if they ask me.)

His strategy Is based on ranking for the top keywords in the search results, he has achieved that.

But there was a startling difference between my analytics report and his. On average I obtained 10 times more page views, and over 6 times more new visitors in the last 30 days. (I have not engaged in much SEO on my web site in the last 4 months, so I have lost some ranking so apparently at least you do understand that you need to constantly work on your website to maintain organic results.)

My bounce rate is around 10%, his was a tad bit over 36%.

Here's another even more startling statistic: In the last 4 years I have produced more than 25 times more revenue for my agency from my website compared to his website. Ten times better results but 25 times more money.

Yes he ranks the top 5 keywords on his website, and I do not for my website... seems like a bit of a mystery doesn't it?

How can you explain those results YouGotMyMoney?

Is it slightly possible my strategy is more effective? What do you think?

Go to compete, check the hits to my web site. ( Compete is not remotely accurate but it will show a nice volume of hits to my site, I encourage you to check it.)

It's true that I don't look at my SERP results each day, every 2 days or so there about...

My name is Jack Thomas, I'm an Agency owner in Cincinnati Ohio. You're welcome to call me at my office, the number is 513-662-7000 let's catch up sometime. I'm sure you may know a trick or two about SEO since you are quite active making posts, what do you do for a living YouGotMyMoney ?

In the insurance business, web design, Or are you an affiliate marketer?

Oh, there was one other small detail I left out, the agent in Pennsylvania paid more than $50,000 to a Digital insurance marketing company, he cancelled his contract as soon as he could and hired me to revamp his online strategy.

Agents that have an interest in revamping their online program can call me at my insurance office. As long as you do not sell insurance in the states in which we operate we can develop the same [FONT=Calibri","sans-serif]system I use for my agency in Cincinnati to generate high-quality personal lines and commercial lines leads. We offer performance and ranking guarantees. [/FONT]

[FONT=Calibri","sans-serif]My method to rank websites is somewhat different compared to traditional search engine optimization strategies, but it works fantastically and I guarantee ranking. Some of the insurance keywords that we target, despite assertions from other individuals in this forum, I have maintained for more than three years. One particular strategy that we implement generates more than $100,000 a year in business from only one keyword.[/FONT]

I do charge for my services and we are not cheap, but we are not as expensive as some companies selling digital insurance marketing systems. Our beginning package price starts at around $4,600 for SEO promotion, that includes a new web site and a 6 month promotion package for SEO. We do allow you to pay the fee monthly over 6 months. I can prove and backup my statistics with Google analytics. My strategy and technique will work in any place in the United States. (Except for Ohio, Michigan, Kentucky, or Indiana)

If anyone has an interest please feel free to call.

PS: We are also looking to hire coders, we are starting to get very busy. If you know how to build WordPress themed websites from scratch please call. (Not a template implementation designer, someone who actually knows how to write the code and build WordPress themed websites from the ground floor.)

Last edited:

I dont really want to argue with you because it looks like you can out type me but the short of it is yes. I actually have a wordpress and a blogger (not my money site) that I use specifically for back link experimenting that has a couple of $5 articles on it that I did about 150 really cheap directory submissions (not really trying to rank it but rather build cheap page authority) and I ranked both of them on page 1 for terms that have about 193,000,000 results. about two months later with no other work one of the sites sits at #1 on page 2.

I see all your terms all have less than 10,000,000 making them fairly easy to rank for. either way moral is youll be surprised what works. I know a lot of people on here have screw around sites that can vouch a lot of the stuff Google tells you doesnt work actually does (for how long? I dont know its just a blogger and WP site its not like i cant just re-register).

Also I'm not endorsing using black hat tactics on your money site. I'm just saying dont be so fast to say stuff doesnt work.

absolutely, correct, you could rank for competitive terms, with a one page website, but instead of relying on domain authority and a lot of content, you are relying on a lot of high quality back links (contextual high pr).

in addition to being a licensed insurance agent (non-active sales) I primarily earn through online organic generation.

I assume car insurance counts? correct? if so then the answer is yes.

no I didn't know that, I thought there is only about a dozen or so :)

I will have to assume you are strictly referring to property and casualty insurance keywords. because I have ranked top five for affordable health insurance, cheap health insurance, low cost health insurance, health insurance quotes etc etc and had great returns.

because I am in witness protection

Latest posts

Back