Website review/advice

It needs to be more personal. You page looks like a portal to just collect leads to sell.

You need a "about you page"

I've played with this but who I'd like to see comment is our resident grand master - Alton.

I've have used both long and short forms to collect information. The theory is the shorter the form the more likely people are to fill it out.

The opposing view is only truly interested people will fill out the long form and it keeps the "time wasters" from requesting quotes.

If Ehealth is any model - all you need is zip and DOB. I personally have moved from long to short form but really have not noticed that much of a difference.

I'd like the real experts to comment.

Excellent points so far, I really appreciate the input, I was just glad I snagged get major medical.com, the rest should be easier.

Thanks!!

[FONT=&quot]I like longer forms that capture both contact information and the information you need to calculate rates. However, the conversion is much greater when you can break the form down into multiple pages and can validate the forms. Validating means that you force the client to enter certain information in order to get to the next page.

My forms are 3 to 5 pages long for health insurance. It is shorter if there are no dependants.

A short non threatening form that doesn't ask for contact information won't work for most agents. It will only work if your website is sophisticated enough that you can deliver instant quotes and get people to buy without your intervention. My site can do the above, but I still want to capture the contact information and call, send the prospect an email, drop a copy of the quotes in the mail and place them into my drip marketing database.

I suppose there is some potential for getting making more money by making a lower percentage of sales of from a higher volume of prospects. Perhaps I should test that model, but I'm not hopeful that it will work better than what I'd doing. [/FONT]

I've played with this but who I'd like to see comment is our resident grand master - Alton.

I've have used both long and short forms to collect information. The theory is the shorter the form the more likely people are to fill it out.

The opposing view is only truly interested people will fill out the long form and it keeps the "time wasters" from requesting quotes.

If Ehealth is any model - all you need is zip and DOB. I personally have moved from long to short form but really have not noticed that much of a difference.

I'd like the real experts to comment.

I agree with Josh (sort of).

The forms on my site are actually slightly longer than the form on Get Major Medical Insurance Quotes Today.

However,the prospect only sees a few questions at a time. This is because conversion rates go down when people have to scroll.

However, the requisite programming is more complex when you break the form into multiple pages. I use hidden fields to carry the information from page to page. You can also use a database, but it is slower.

That being said, I made sales when my form was longer and much uglier than the getmajormedical.com form. But as I grew in sophistication as a programmer, my conversion rates and income increased.

The site looks great! I'm definitely a fan of a shorter quote form. It may just be me, but I would never fill this form out.

Last edited:
Thanks so much for the advice, I do appreciate it, as a work in progress I don't want to reinvent the wheel.

And I must say it was worth the wait for the Grand Poobah Sir Alston!

Back