Websites, SEO

Thanks salpro.

I'm using the free zoho meeting...I embedded it directly in the webpage. I added the login page so stragglers could'nt join a meeting if not invited.

Very smart. Are you using it for desktop sharing purposes or Webinars?

I first thought you had a joomla or drupal site when I saw the login form...

I think people are finding this to be urban legend ... in some contexts

Duplicate content is a big SEO negative. Google wants you to use Google not Yahoo! and vice versa.

So logically - DUPE content would be penalized if you submitted the same article to EZA, posted it on your blog, and put it on a Squidoo lens and sent it out to several other article directories.

Im not sure the hard core article marketers I read and speak to would agree that there is a penalty for that.

In fact google posted an article about it - saying there is NO DUPE content penalty. I need to find that again.

So logically - DUPE content would be penalized if you submitted the same article to EZA, posted it on your blog, and put it on a Squidoo lens and sent it out to several other article directories.

Im not sure the hard core article marketers I read and speak to would agree that there is a penalty for that.

In fact google posted an article about it - saying there is NO DUPE content penalty. I need to find that again.

"Google Policy on Duplicate Content"

So...I guess that means it is OK to submit an article to a bunch of article services?

And if so...don't they mind?

You can submit all you want, Google just doesn't give any relevancy or credit for the duplicate information. They caught on to article submitters and spinners along time ago.

Follow this rule: Google wants fresh updated relevant unique content for its users. :yes:

The duplicate content penalty is largely a myth, yes, but the problem comes up when you're shotgunning articles to get backlinks and you get them posted on sites with higher ranks than yours. When someone does a search that would normally pull up your website, now it's possible that they'll find your article on some other website, read it, and then mess around on that website instead of converting into a customer on your website.

This is, of course, better than not showing up on Google at all. What I mean is that you can bury your original article with others if you're not careful, but if it's a choice between that and not showing up in searches, period, then do it all day long.

Guess you need to write a good formatted article that creates the desire to come visit you on YOUR site :idea:

read it, and then mess around on that website instead of converting into a customer on your website.

Back