We're safe for another 4

"Well fining walmart will only cause them to pay the fines and downsize their workforce"

Or begin to offer health coverage to their employees without laying anybody off to avoid getting tagged for penalties or mandates in my state. It seems if they wanted to do business they found a way to provide for the employees. Nobody was let go.

I agree with rick about corps in a way. He's right except for a corp to exist it has to compete for customers, so it has to decide margin vs. selling price. Taking a few dollars less in margin prevented a mandate. They provided health care on their terms, not my states. They're still slapping up WM in any community that will have em. Even when they are only a few miles apart from each other.

corps survive. They'll survive and you'll survive the changeover in government. It will just give some of you guys something new to bitch about.

I do believe the Exxon Mobil employees receive health care benes. What do you think will happen when it gets Obamataxed?

Say goodbye to $3 gas.....

The cost of taxes, insurance, payoll (incl. minimum wage), theft, etc. is passed on to the retail buyer.

Funny how almost no one seems to make that connection.

Kind of like blaming the carriers for high health insurance premiums. It's the cost of health care, baby.

Reduce the cost of health care and premiums come down.

Reduce the cost of operating Wally World (or Mickey D's, or . . .) and the price comes down.

Increase taxes on oil companies (or insurance carriers, or . . .) and the price increases.

I do believe the Exxon Mobil employees receive health care benes. What do you think will happen when it gets Obamataxed?

Say goodbye to $3 gas.....

I just filled up at $2.69. Hey....didn't the press say we'd be over $5? So much for paying attention to news organizations that profit from fear.

"I just checked and I can't find any clause in the Constitution requiring a business to provide health insurance"

or wages or anything for that matter...
right?

Both of these statements are true... the latter is a stretch. It may not be in the Constitution, but then again, most of our laws are not there in detail...

The DOL makes the law explicit about wages. True, businesses are not required to offer health insurance. But when the IRS rules allowed businesses to write off employee insurance as a legitimate business expense, businesses saw this as an opportunity to recruit and retain the best and at the same time pass this cost on thru to their customers.

As insurance costs went up, businesses having to compete in the marketplace went shopping for lower cost group insurance. Hence, we agents have a job.

Last edited:
Back