Western Southern Life ?

Bump, anybody else want to chime in? I have heard they had great training.

Can someone define what constitutes "great training" this company provides, or any company for that matter.

I've interviewed with three big-name carriers this week and all of them talk about training, but most of it is 1 - 2 weeks in class and the real training seems to happen in the field working with a mentor or a sales manager. Nothing wrong with these approaches, but the success ratio is heavily (but not entirely) in direct relationship to the one doing the training.

Can someone define what constitutes "great training" this company provides, or any company for that matter.

I've interviewed with three big-name carriers this week and all of them talk about training, but most of it is 1 - 2 weeks in class and the real training seems to happen in the field working with a mentor or a sales manager. Nothing wrong with these approaches, but the success ratio is heavily (but not entirely) in direct relationship to the one doing the training.
My favorite training I had was when I worked for Mutual of Omaha and the manager rode with me for like two weeks- at least- in the field and then trained me like crazy in the office for months on end, and always continued to train me for like 2 years, however the ride alongs got to be less and less, obviously. But the continuing weekly training was good.

Last edited:
I am going to bump this again because I interviewed {finally} with W/S and they really are pretty impessive. The training seems to be fantastic- I was blown away. I am seriously considering it - it is an impressive opportunity to be sure.

Everyone has great training, just ask them. I'm from up north originally, north Georgia that is! t hall

W&S seems to be making a splash. I am happy to give any insights needed. I am leaving them very soon. I have put some info in other threads but if you have any questions just ask.

I also can answer any questions about Western-Southern Life.

HomeService- They really do have excellent training. They only hire 1-2 reps for a 7 week period. During that 7 weeks you get about 90% of the attention of the manager during ride a long appointments. You also get a conference call and training each week with the regional trainer and other new reps across the US. Once that is complete, you get sent to the Homeoffice for a week long trainig program designed to put it all together for you.

Also, They have online training as well. Lots of training, but really the training means nothing if you are not willing to get out there and prospect/ set appointments.

The company is trying to move away from the lower faced policies. They have the tools to help you become more of a Professional that the "sign here to change your beneficiary".

I suggest to anyone to put together a good marketing plan, use the ideas from this forum and what the company offers to create system of leads. Good luck.

Back