WFG Vs. Primerica? Advise for New Agent in TX

jbanda

Hello,

I just recently received my general license insurance in TX and now I am over helm and quite honestly, don't know where to start and will appreciate any advise. I have looked at Primerica but I think that their product is very limited. I just went to a WFG world financial group presentation yesterday and I actually like it better then primerica due to their variety of products and commissions but their online reputations/reviews are horrible, I am concerned that I am going to have a hard time selling WFG products with that type of reputation. I have thought about being an independent agent, but don't know where to start. I will appreciate any advise, I am in the Dallas market.

Without knowing what you'd be doing, why did you get the license? What would you like to do?

BTW, I'd cut my legs off before going with either of those firms.

Rick

First off ask yourself if you have a problem with recruiting other agents? As far as Primerica is concerned to hit the big income you have to sellout to recruiting. Know that going in and half the battle is won.

As for me and my opinion on their business, products and services I look at it this way. If they are helping people and no one else is knocking at their door to help that client then hey it's all good.

Now to that end they do have a system set up for their new agents especially when looking at having a place of business. The RVP provides the office. Don't dwell so much on what you read online but also don't disregard some of the comments. Write down any question you may have and just ask any recruiter to explain and if possible show you the answer on paper.

Just understand no matter where you go it's easy to get in but the true test is if you decide to leave what can you take with you. What you could do is ask each recruiter for an agent hiring pack and just compare. If you read them a couple times and get your questions answered you can make a somewhat informed decision which way to go or not to go.

I got my license because I wanted to get some of the ACA enrollment business, but I only enroll a few clients. Selling group benefits and ACA is still an option as well, but I kind of like the financial side better versus the medical. plus I think you can make more money on the financial side (I think)?

Lgilmore, I have a BBA in business and minor in accounting. I have a tax preparer office.

Back