What am I missing? (Reaching catastrophic phase)

It’s pretty simple if you just print off a couple examples from Medicare.gov of actual clients that will pay 600.00 instead of 2000.00. It lays it all out if you print off the right pages. I’ve explained it to almost every one of my clients so far. 85% of them seem to have understood. All that take eliquis, ozempic or anything that’s costs at least 400.00/month are going to BCBS MAPD.

I belong to a group headed up by a pharmacist who really knows her stuff. She has Zoom meetings, makes videos and produces material with "talking points" about TrOOP, M3P and so forth. She shows examples of how a higher premium plan can result in a lower total cost including one recent example where choosing the high premium, $0 deductible satisfied the formula and $600 in copay's allows you to hit the $2k cap.

My eyes just glaze over and I am sure the same will happen with my clients if I ever tried to explain how it happens.

Most of my clients don't really care HOW they can get to their OOP cap, all they really want to know is how much with the plan cost them.

Rather than telling them how to build a watch I just tell them what time it is and let the PDP software do the heavy lifting.

I loved to watch Greg Maddux pitch. Sometime he would be interviewed and asked how he makes the ball move the way it does. I probably heard him say how he does it at least a dozen times but there is no way I could do what he does.

Same principle applies here.

YMMV
You’re talking about Norma Johnson . She’s nothing but a hustler peddling subscriptions to her University . The guy above in the Video Gardini is more Knowlegable than her

I belong to a group headed up by a pharmacist who really knows her stuff. She has Zoom meetings, makes videos and produces material with "talking points" about TrOOP, M3P and so forth. She shows examples of how a higher premium plan can result in a lower total cost including one recent example where choosing the high premium, $0 deductible satisfied the formula and $600 in copay's allows you to hit the $2k cap.

My eyes just glaze over and I am sure the same will happen with my clients if I ever tried to explain how it happens.

Most of my clients don't really care HOW they can get to their OOP cap, all they really want to know is how much with the plan cost them.

Rather than telling them how to build a watch I just tell them what time it is and let the PDP software do the heavy lifting.

I loved to watch Greg Maddux pitch. Sometime he would be interviewed and asked how he makes the ball move the way it does. I probably heard him say how he does it at least a dozen times but there is no way I could do what he does.

Same principle applies here.

YMMV
My youngest son is a PharmD and knows way more about this stuff that I do. I don't hesitate to ask him stuff.

And my oldest is also a doctor. But she's in education with all her degrees in behavioral health, emotional disorders and such.

I don't ask her nothing.

Back