What gives when prospects will refuse to switch?

I have a couple things to suggest that I don't think I've seen mentioned.

The first one is to be aware of agent of record rules for all the companies in your area. Some people love their plan but not their agent.

When someone is worried about changing their plan I explain how the period of risk is only one year. In fact, with the MA OEP they could change back to their old plan by Feb. If they do, you can help change them back on to it. I think it's an easy sell because when you break down to one year people seem a lot less nervous about it. I always say let's meet again this time next year and if it didn't work we can move you back to your current plan.

Some people just don't want to change, and for those people I tell them I completely understand their decision. Then I tell them I'd like to meet with them each year to review their options. They usually appreciate that. Sometimes you end up getting a referral or two by not being pushy and advising instead of selling.

I have a couple things to suggest that I don't think I've seen mentioned.

The first one is to be aware of agent of record rules for all the companies in your area. Some people love their plan but not their agent.

When someone is worried about changing their plan I explain how the period of risk is only one year. In fact, with the MA OEP they could change back to their old plan by Feb. If they do, you can help change them back on to it. I think it's an easy sell because when you break down to one year people seem a lot less nervous about it. I always say let's meet again this time next year and if it didn't work we can move you back to your current plan.

Some people just don't want to change, and for those people I tell them I completely understand their decision. Then I tell them I'd like to meet with them each year to review their options. They usually appreciate that. Sometimes you end up getting a referral or two by not being pushy and advising instead of selling.

“ Mrs wheeler let’s try this new plan . Nothing changes with your Dr’s or medicines . But you’ll get increased benefits like more dental and a food card .Call me any time by March 31st and I’ll move you right back to your old plan . I’d say 80% of mapd to mapd moves are the same company to company. Overall when people are happy they don’t like to switch CO’s . It’s pia reshowing all your cards and getting Pre authorization again on certain drugs . All for insignificant reasons to move .

Back