What have you seen with MA dental in first looks?

I’ve been told by my local UHC rep to NOT do sell their new DVH plan to MA members. He said it won’t work or coordinate with MA at all.

It doesn’t need to coordinate. Don’t ever give them your MA dental care. It only covers cleanings next year here in FL.

• Two or more dental services are submitted and the dental services are
considered part of the same dental service to one another, we will
pay the most comprehensive dental service.
• Two or more dental services are submitted on the same day and the
dental services are considered mutually exclusive (when one dental
service contradicts the need for the other dental service), we will pay
for the dental service that represents the final treatment

It doesn’t need to coordinate. Don’t ever give them your MA dental care. It only covers cleanings next year here in FL.

I didn't think of that for next year. It came up this year because his plan has $1,000 dental included in MA but he needed a couple of crowns. We were going to try to coordinate the 2 plans to get him more coverage.

I follow you now with the cleanings only covered next year. Thanks!

Full benefits on day 1?
Day one access to plan coverage does not mean day one payment of the maximum benefit the plan will ultimately allow.

edit
At least for the plans I can see on their website as a consumer. I don't know if there are different coverage parameters available for an agent to sell.
end edit.

Edit 2
See Chazm's post below for correct info for agent plans.
End Edit 2

Last edited:
The UHC DVH i have sold is the one for over 65 only.It is fairly new product and the good thing about it is there is no waiting period period and the UHC dental network is not too bad in florida- meaning there are some established dentist that participate( some that are actually good.lol)The average premium i have sold is about 60.00 so at 45% commish i made about the same as selling a MA
That sounds very good. I wish they had that level of networks here.

They had not yet set up the U65/65 and older plan splits at the time I bought my coverage.

As long as I keep the premiums paid, I can keep this plan. I have a $1,000 max benefit plan, the issues I've had in the last few years make me wish I'd have gone for $1,500.

My premiums (round dollars) $35 Dental $11 vision.

Day one access to plan coverage does not mean day one payment of the maximum benefit the plan will ultimately allow.

edit
At least for the plans I can see on their website as a consumer. I don't know if there are different coverage parameters available for an agent to sell.
end edit.

No waiting periods or DED for their plans and no reduction in coverage.

I didn't think of that for next year. It came up this year because his plan has $1,000 dental included in MA but he needed a couple of crowns. We were going to try to coordinate the 2 plans to get him more coverage.

I follow you now with the cleanings only covered next year. Thanks!
So can you have him do one crown with MA coverage this year, then sell him the stand alone UHC dental in January next year and do the second crown on that coverage?

No waiting periods or DED for their plans and no reduction in coverage.
I apologize if you have told me that before and I have forgotten.

Is that just for FL, or would I find the same thing in KS if I talked to an agent about agent available UHC dental?

I apologize if you have told me that before and I have forgotten.

Is that just for FL, or would I find the same thing in KS if I talked to an agent about agent available UHC dental?

Looks like you’re in luck.

DVH Plans are available to offer in*:​
AK, AL, AZ, CA, FL, GA, HI, IL, IN, KS, KY, MI, MO, MS, NC,
NE, NV, OH, PA, SD, TN, TX, WI and WY

DVH plans are bundled dental, vision, hearing coverage, for individuals ages 65+, that are designed to be sold at the same time as an AARP® Medicare Supplement Insurance Plan from UnitedHealthcare® or separately.​

I will advise clients if practicable to not mention you have other dental plan until you use up the MA preventive benefits.obviously this wont work at the scammy dental offices that go in for the " deep cleaning" first thing.

Back