What I Learned About Twitter Follows and Facebook Likes

If your site is set up properly you dont really need to spend any time on them at all.

I dont see social media as a prospecting tool. I see it as an SEO tool.

Set up your site to push out any new posts or pages to your G+/FB/TW accounts. All you have to do is keep publishing new articles like you already are doing.

Sure, occasionally someone will find your page click on a post and be directed to your site.... but more importantly googlebots will find your posts and index them as quality links to your site.... which will boost your SEO and keep your site/pages relevant in google.

I also know a guy who pays a highschool kid to spend a few hours per week posting links and blurbs about new articles/featured products/etc on social media. He also builds up the followers/etc for him by reaching out to people on it. He claims that kid is the highest ROI he has ever had on marketing dollars.

Maybe I will go down that road someday, but for now it is all just for SEO purposes. Personally I hate social media, it annoys me.

Will your friend share the kid?

Will your friend share the kid?

I have thought about asking that question myself.
Im sure you could find your own though. Your in Atlanta right? (im just right up the road from you)
Plenty of social media hungry teens there for you to pick from.

Basically what he does is give him bullet points of topics to do a quick 3 or 4 line blurb for. And of course he includes a link back to the site/relevant article. Sometimes he will type an excerpt of the article. He also post links to articles on LI groups. And he lets the agent know if someone comments on a post and needs a reply from him (and often he transcribes the reply)

He has a national term site, and a local p&c site. So I dont know how it would translate over to LTCI. He probably targets a younger crowd of prospects. But then again, there are lots of 50+ers on FB these days so that they can see pics/communicate with grandkids... put an add on craigslist, open a beer, skim through the 100+ emails you will get, and see if anyone half decent replies.... it cant hurt and would be very cheap to do a test run on. I think that FB and LI would be the best ROIs... lots of white collar 50+ers on LI...

Last edited:
Social media (and online marketing in general) can generate significant revenue, but only if you do it well. If you don't, it's a waste of time.

Same with Google Adwords. I've seen many try to do it themselves with no results. They've made tweaks, and it's blown through money quicker with still no results.

I think the biggest component in a strong social media campaign is getting legitimate followers (via FB/G+/T). Anyone can buy followers, but they won't buy your products/services. Having legit interactions is where you're going to develop leads and referrals.

Oh, and your posts don't have to be insurance-related. Sometimes it's better to throw something out there that people can/will enjoy and/or cause them to talk, rather than to discuss insurance. I mean, other than us, who wants to spend time talking about insurance? That's why we're so unpopular at parties ...

. I mean, other than us, who wants to spend time talking about insurance? That's why we're so unpopular at parties ...

I dont know what you are talking about. I am the life of the party when I talk to people about term conversion options and mortality tables! :goofy:

I have thought about asking that question myself.
Im sure you could find your own though. Your in Atlanta right? (im just right up the road from you)
Plenty of social media hungry teens there for you to pick from.

I would not know the first thing to say to some kid. Would rather just use your friend's kid and tell him to do what he is already doing. See if he needs more work.

your posts don't have to be insurance-related. Sometimes it's better to throw something out there that people can/will enjoy and/or cause them to talk, rather than to discuss insurance.

I have been told 80/20.

80% interesting or entertaining, not a sales pitch. Reserve the other 20% for solicitation.

Last edited:
Back