what is best path to six figures/yr in new insurance career

Old Florida saying "know how to make a million in Florida? Start with two million". You'll have to learn OJT

With the Boomers starting to retire, that would be the logical place to focus for anyone with some financial knowledge and common sense. I'm going towards seminars on annuities and on reverse mortgages - two hot topics. LTCi will fall right in. Don't forget MAPD.

I heard reverse mortgages are a really bad move, puts people into more debt, looks good on surface, etc. Any thoughts on that Rabbi as I don't sell them?

Reverse Mortgages are great-------------if you have enough permanent dividend paying whole life to come in and cover the debt, taxes (estate and otherwise).

Obviously, there are other scenarios but this is always the best one-------according to me anyway!!!

Reverse Mortgages are great-------------if you have enough permanent dividend paying whole life to come in and cover the debt, taxes (estate and otherwise).

Obviously, there are other scenarios but this is always the best one-------according to me anyway!!!

But then, you probably wouldn't need a reverse mortgage....

The "Secret of Success" is that there is no secret. You have to work hard. You have to work really hard to get started.

My basic idea is that you have to come up with a replicatible process that works and that you can refine. If you come up with a process that works, even if it works poorly, so long as it can be improved upon, you have something valuable. A process that might work well today (Project 100 for example) but that can't be repeated is not something that you can build a career on.

Find a system for finding prospects. My websites are my main source of prospects. However, whatever your source is, learn how to refine it. Figure out how to tweak it a little today and a little tomorrow to get more volume and quality.

Quantify your success in each important area of the selling process from prospecting to closing to service after the sale. If you can't define it and quantify it, it you can't improve it.

Learn how to generate your own clients. If you learn that skill set you'll never be looking for a check.

You can shared leads - fine...as a supplement. Quality is too up and down for stablity.

My basic idea is that you have to come up with a replicatible process that works and that you can refine. If you come up with a process that works, even if it works poorly, so long as it can be improved upon, you have something valuable.

I'm not sure very many companies/agents, etc. would agree that replicating a system that doesn't work is a good model for success.

So reverse mortgages are great, for you, the agent?

Back