what is best path to six figures/yr in new insurance career

Here is a clue.

Selling has almost nothing to do with what you say and everything to do with how well you listen.

Actually it's both, what you say and how you say it after you listen, matters just as much.

What do you do after you listen? Listen to them hang up? Listen to them volunteer their checking account?

What you say is what you get!!

If you don't think there's any more to learn, you're right, because that mindset won't allow you to learn a thing.

:idea:

That is a rather shallow comment, but not surprising at all.

I don't feel this is shallow either. I interviewed for a company a few years ago that hyped everyone's production, I looked up at the wipe off board and did the math, no one was making six figures based on the daily and monthly totals. When I questioned it they stammered and gave me a line of BS, but they were trying to sell me into the job.

Due diligence is not a bad thing when it comes to your livelihood.

Rob....you are aruging with a guy who's been in the field for 18, 26, 30, 48 years (I lose track) - you're wasting your time.

Hmmm . . . good point.
I'm not trying to be argumentative, if he's old school he should know what Zig, Og Mandino, W Clement Stone and Carnegie, etc. teach about sales, it's not one dimensional.

But thanks for the heads up, old dog, old tricks I guess.

In today's environment, if you can't adapt, you'll be left behind, at least there's more than enough business to go around.

I have 15 yrs experience in the mortgage sales business, specifically wholesale mortgage, which has all but dis-appeared in the last year. I was making over 6 figures for over 6 yrs 100% commision and there are zero jobs in my field.
I'm thinking about starting in life insurance.
Is it possible (or probable for someone with good sales skills) to start new as a captive agent for someone like Am. General or Western & Southern and make 60-80K 1st year and over 100K 2-3rd year?

I suggest that you place an order for the e-book written by Paul (Moonlight and Margaritas).:nah:

Old Florida saying "know how to make a million in Florida? Start with two million". You'll have to learn OJT

With the Boomers starting to retire, that would be the logical place to focus for anyone with some financial knowledge and common sense. I'm going towards seminars on annuities and on reverse mortgages - two hot topics. LTCi will fall right in. Don't forget MAPD.

Back