What is Your Own Family Enrolled In?

I have a pre-ACA blue options plan. $250ded 10% co ins with $2500 moop. $269/month
Only pays up to $50 for a doc visit and $75 for spc tho

TX has 1 person groups, right? How do they compare with IFP?

1 person groups are "allowed"

If you stand on your head, in a red shirt, on the 3rd Tuesday of an even month. Then you can get one. ;)

But my husband/wife indy PPOs that are moving to a 2 person group aren't seeing a noticeable increase from 2015 to 2016. And its providing a buffer to 2017 chaos.

And Y....how do you think there was the cash to buy a bus????

I'm dropping my preACA BCBS $1500 ded $2500 MOOP plan and the wife's Bronze HSA $6500 MOOP plan and taking short term for the year. $12,000/year in premiums is too much.

We'll save $8000 in premium pay $3000 in penalty, net savings $5000.

Socking away HSA money before the tax year ends so we at least reap the tax deduction.

I'm dropping my preACA BCBS $1500 ded $2500 MOOP plan and the wife's Bronze HSA $6500 MOOP plan and taking short term for the year. $12,000/year in premiums is too much.

We'll save $8000 in premium pay $3000 in penalty, net savings $5000.

Socking away HSA money before the tax year ends so we at least reap the tax deduction.

Why don't you enroll at least for January and make a 2016 HSA contribution too? I guess at least I'm glad you didn't say that you were going uninsured!

Why don't you enroll at least for January and make a 2016 HSA contribution too?
I always thought HSA contributions were prorated by the number of months you had the plan, with the exception of December. If you have an HSA compatible plan on December 1, 2016, you can make the full 2016 HSA contribution as long as you remain in a compatible plan through the December 31, 2017 "testing period".

Correct. HSA contributions must be pro-rated by the number of months that you own a HDHP. A full tax year contribution, must accompany 12 months of owning a HDHP health plan.

Ann knows that. It must have been the liquor on thanksgiving

Correct. HSA contributions must be pro-rated by the number of months that you own a HDHP. A full tax year contribution, must accompany 12 months of owning a HDHP health plan. Ann knows that. It must have been the liquor on thanksgiving

Here's a question: my wife and I, and her employer, have only contributed about $4000 this year. Can we catch up in December and max
It out?

Back