What NOT to Do as a New Agent Getting Started

I totally disagree with this post. DO NOT GO CAPTIVE. They will just make you go broke and live paycheck to paycheck and never have the ability to start on your own because you will not feel secure enough to do it financially.

Also, The ASSOCIATION is dirt cheap. John is hooking his guys up with General Agents that pay out good commission. They are getting insight from somone that's been in the trenches.

HOW CAN YOU POSSIBLY ARGUE AGAINST IT?

"I totally disagree with this post. DO NOT GO CAPTIVE"

Respectfully, I disagree with this post. For many people (not all)... the training you receive will be the foundation of a successful career.

Re John's Association...I have stayed clear of commenting...until now. I think $20 bucks is a fair price. $50? I don't know. The discounts are nice although you can negotiate many of the deals yourself. Norvax actually offered me an even sweeter deal than the Association gets. Lead companies will often negotiate.

The bottom line---if it's worth $19 bucks per month to you...then go for it.

Re John's Association...I have stayed clear of commenting...until now. I think $20 bucks is a fair price. $50? I don't know. The discounts are nice although you can negotiate many of the deals yourself. Norvax actually offered me an even sweeter deal than the Association gets. Lead companies will often negotiate.

Sounds like we should get "The Rabbi" in here for some negotiations...

Would you take $30?

Lol - it's actually been discussed and solved that some of the discounts we've arranged can be obtained by just an agent calling and asking. I have a big problem with that since sending a lot of business to any company has to be worth something - more of a discount then simply one person can get on their own. If not, what's the point. So the few companies who are simply matching what they said the "special discount" is are re-figuring their discounts for the association.

If I hear they are matching it simply because one agent calls that's a non-issue. We just won't drive business to them any more.

Chumps - regarding your deal with Norvax - it's important to me since the discounts offered need to be legitimate - if not then it's just a farce.

I'm being told that the association discount is only for members - cannot be negotiated individually.

We our deal is; the quote engine, broker office and the Norvax website for $75 per month. You can add the auto-responder for $50 so if you want the whole nine it's $125.

That's your deal? Everything for $125 or the quote engine/broker office/website for $75?

My offer was everything for $100 per month (I keep very good notes). There were some other perks involved that I won't get into at this time.
I believe it is called their "Premier" web site.

Granted, I had to negotiate this deal and I still have not accepted it. But I'm thinking about it.

Back