What % of Your Follow-up is Email

After you set an appointment with a new pospect do you remind them before hand or just consider it firmed up and go? If so do you send a reminder letter or phone call, I'm hesitant to call as a reminder because I feel like it gives them an opportunity to cancel or "reschedule".

When I was first "Trained" by an old hand they recommended calling during the day when the prospect was at work and leaving a message confirming the appointment but not leaving any way for them to contact me to back out...After 1 to many early morning and late evening no shows I decided if they client is going to cancel with me on the phone they are probably as likely to stand me up if I don't call...and if they are so uninterested in the appointment there is little chance I would close them during an appointment...

If you are concerned they will back out then you have not qualified them and must be quite weak in setting the appointment. When I used to go on F2F appointments I was rarely stood up and I always confirmed.

If they want to no-show me I would rather know before putting the key in the ignition than after driving an hour+ only to see them peaking from behind the curtain waiting on me to leave.

Back