What questions do you ask...

To me, UW has to be #1, if you can’t get it issued, nothing else matters; followed closely by rates, ease of process, commissions, etc.

Why would that be important?

What does a good spread look like? The difference between $1 or $2, or $10 maybe $15?

Is the ease of doing business with them more important than commission level?

Not disagreeing, but if that's all there is to it, then why are there so many differences of opinions on the topic? Seems to me that if it was just that straight forward, many companies would be out of business.

Could the opinion or bias of an up line or an IMO/FMO have more of an impact on who is used and who is not? What might be the fall out for an agent if that is so?

Just so you are aware... I used to drive my teachers and professors nuts... I can go on like this all night. ;)

There are always going to be little nuances that agents look at for themselves and that will certainly vary. I'm just referring to the basics of it all. It's really all a matter of opinion anyway.

Company reputation is my #1 criteria, as I just mentioned in another thread. If they treat either clients or agents crappy, I don’t care how low their premiums are, or how high their commissions. I can’t always know about that before I contract, but I do my best to find out.

Working for a call center in a brokerage it was more what fit the client best. Rates, of course, mattered...but if you know that MOO will decline this guy due to weight but Foresters will take them then your going to pitch Foresters first.

For me, and I've done very well at sales for this reason, was a simple question. "What works best for this person?"

For me, and I've done very well at sales for this reason, was a simple question. "What works best for this person?"

I understand what you are saying, but shouldn't you also consider and weight what is best for business... my thoughts are not as selfish as you might think. What happens when best for clients conflicts with best for business and you find your self out of business... and your clients loose you as their agent.

I understand what you are saying, but shouldn't you also consider and weight what is best for business... my thoughts are not as selfish as you might think. What happens when best for clients conflicts with best for business and you find your self out of business... and your clients loose you as their agent.
The old "three legged stool" concept still applies.. It has to not only be good for the client but also for the agent and the company..

Back