What will 4 years if Harris mean for Insurance?

I was just curious what peoples' thoughts were regarding a Harris presidency and its effects on the insurance industry. I am sure many will argue there is no correlation, but many just as vocal others will think the opposite. Genuinely not trying to start a flame war, I am just curious what the consensus is.
Hopefully it will be like when Biden first took office. I sold more health and life than ever. The gov spent a fortune on ACA ads, and the rest followed them.

This time, it could be quite different. We watch political theater, and don't really know what impact a new prez will have on the health and life market. If it turns bad, I'll find something else.

Insurance is state regulated mostly. Electing a president republican or democrat historically does not make a difference. in 2008, when Obama won and Democrats had 60 seats and 2008 financial crisis, there was talk about nationalizing insurance regulations then. It did not happen. Regardless of what poll you listen to chances of that situation happening again is very low. Possibly Kamala will win and the house and republicans will keep the senate. Or may be Democrats do so well they keep the senate as well. Democrats gave the insurance industry SSI, Medicare Advantage and Social Security. 90% of the forum here make money from these programs or their lack of efficiency. Candidate Trump once promised to take away tax free build up of cash value life insurance. Interesting 8 years later he has so many supporters on this forum. I personally know the agent who sold life insurance to him when he was on the Apprentice show. Trump understands life insurance as a tax shelter. Likely NAIFA and other groups lobbied him and he stopped talking about it for his campaign. There is actually more danger to the life insurance industry if Trump is elected and Democrats keep congress. Trump can easily agree to taxing life insurance as gift to Democrats to get what he wants. Now it can be argued Trump will be good for health insurance industry because he does not oppose health insurance companies making a profit. I will be still living in South East Asia in November. Its likely I wont bother to vote. I will look forward to watching election results eating my lobster omelette and having beer in the morning here. I am 13 hours ahead of NY time

Fauci and the libs (mandates) said we would all die if not poked with trumps juice
Except for workers in Healthcare, there have been very few "mandates" that went into effect.

Private businesses requiring vaccinations are a private concern. Remember, free markets.

Also, there are very rare long term side effects cause by the Covid vaccine.

Even more rare than general short lived side effects. Because mRNA vaccines only deliver a payload and then degrade.

It is not a long term medication

You're using correlation for causation.

Finally, all medications come with risks. You're advised of these risks when you are administered medication by the pharmacy.

You know what they are. You weren't generally required to get them. You rarely got any side effects, much less long term.

Yes, the very few that did have side effects outweigh the much larger group that didn't have severe impairment secondary to not being vaccines or may have died.

BECAUSE FOR ALL PEOPLE, YOU HAD A CHOICE. YOU ACCEPTED THE MINIMAL RISK. YOU ALWAYS HAD THE CHOICE TO SAY NO AND ACCEPT THE RESPONSIBILITY FOR SAYING NO.

It's another MAGA outrage grievance. Grow up.

Last edited:
Except for workers in Healthcare, there have been very few "mandates" that went into effect.

Private businesses requiring vaccinations are a private concern. Remember, free markets.

Also, there are very rare long term side effects cause by the Covid vaccine.

Even more rare than general short lived side effects. Because mRNA vaccines only deliver a payload and then degrade.

It is not a long term medication

You're using correlation for causation.

Finally, all medications come with risks. You're advised of these risks when you are administered medication by the pharmacy.

You know what they are. You weren't generally required to get them. You rarely got any side effects, much less long term.

Yes, the very few that did have side effects outweigh the much larger group that didn't have severe impairment secondary to not being vaccines or may have died.

BECAUSE FOR ALL PEOPLE, YOU HAD A CHOICE. YOU ACCEPTED THE MINIMAL RISK. YOU ALWAYS HAD THE CHOICE TO SAY NO AND ACCEPT THE RESPONSIBILITY FOR SAYING NO.

It's another MAGA outrage grievance. Grow up.
Huh? Do you want us to tell us about the myriad of people in our lives it affected in a negative way? You just can't help yourself.

Attachments

• IMG_7692.jpeg
    IMG_7692.jpeg
    70.4 KB · Views: 5
Except they didn't.

You fundamentally do not understand the delegate process. Biden was the presumptive nominee. He knew, like everyone with 5 minutes of research, that delegates officially nominate the candidate at the Convention.

Except in states where law requires it, delegates are not required to vote on the results in primaries. They should vote in good conscience of the electorate that elected them.

Rule 12J

After the first debate, a vast majority of the Democratic Party, felt it was necessary to replace Joe Biden.

Biden pushed back that he was not stepping down. Which was his right. On the Convention night, based on how the delegates felt, they could have replaced Biden... provided it met the rules of the Democratic Party for Pledged Delegates. See above.

Biden was signaling that he was considering stepping down after that debate by polling Harris v Trump. He stepped down when it was clear there was not path to victory, and he was not the nominee.

FYI, people voted for the Biden/Harris ticket. When the President steps down, the VP takes over... so... yeah... you're full of it.

Here's the truth... you're upset that Trump is failing in running against Harris. He is losing and melting down.

You may think that's an insurrection, but that argument is a false equivalent to Jan 6. Biden was not the nominee. Delegates could have voted against him and forced the second vote... which he would have lost when Super Delegates started voting.

No one encouraged a crowd of people to charge the Democratic Convention to stop an official vote. They encouraged Biden to step down because it would cause a major issue at the Convention, which would likely cause the same result.

Trump, et al, encouraged a large group of supporters to march to the Capitol and "fight like hell."

He attempted to submit a fake slate of electors.
He attempted to talk GA Sec of State to "find votes for him."
He attempted to reach out to Doug Doucy to stop him from certifying the election.
He attempted to get Mike Pense to reach outside of his authority to refuse to certify the election.

The insurrection is not JUST one thing. It's a number of illegal actions that Trump and his team attempted to do to overthrow a free and fair election; even if you don't agree it was... there is no proof of widespread fraud that was significant to alter the results.

Trump lost in the Electoral College, the Popular Vote, and the challeges in court. Then he decided he was going to try to keep power regardless of the result. That is a traitor. You are supporting a traitor.

It'd be a nice change of pace if someone of you guys would actually do research on what happened, vs what you think happened... or maybe take an 8th grade Civics class.
He understands it. He just ignores it.

Trumpers are Trumpers.

One thing Trump was right about is that he could do anything and his minions will still vote for him.

He’s never won an election and he’s not winning this one.

People really disappointment. This clown is full of name calling and whining. I swear my 2 year old grandson acts more presidential.

Its the same mindset you find with sports ... my team is a winner, FU to the other team.

Its the same reason you see fights break out in and around stadiums.

They are so personally invested in their team winning, it becomes their entire personal identity.

Dignity, respect, and morals become an afterthought to "winning".

Especially when its combined with religion and trying to force that religion on others...

Last edited:
Except for workers in Healthcare, there have been very few "mandates" that went into effect
College students were mandated because those colleges couldnt receive the billions in Covid aid unless they mandated the vaccination. in your home state of Michigan, MSU received $86M, but had to mandate the vaccine to receive it.

Ask me how I know. My son & 2 of his 5 roomates have myocarditis & all 3 now have autoimmune diseases like Hashimotos thryoid & diabetes, etc at the ripe old age of 24 as college lacrosse players. Never knew a single person under 30 in my life that had myocarditis, hashimotos & now know dozens of kids age 15-25 (some from covid & some from vaccines as both triggered the inflammatory responses accelerating auto immune diseases they may have been destined to have later in life)

College aid students should have never been mandated to have the vaccine. Other countries knew this & focused on the most vulnerable older populations

Sure, some will say they were not mandated, they were free to drop out of those public colleges that wanted new buildings from the new found government aid. But dropping out after 2 years wasnt an option.

Luckily, most students just faked the vaccination records, especially after the 1st or 2nd dose of the vaccine. And MSU didnt care because they got the aid for mandating it & if they didnt verify it, it allowed them to keep the students all paying tuition. This is how most government programs work. Lots of money with no accountability

1723912596687.png

Latest posts

Back