What would be a fair deal?

I like your neww signature. Gotta love those Ziglarisms, and there're plenty of good ones to choose from. :yes:

Suggestions for Salespeople
By Zig Ziglar

Arthur Priebe, one of the great insurance salesmen, counsels his colleagues suffering from the common affliction of "doorknob phobia" to hold a debate with themselves.

"Where am I?"

"I'm in the hall."

"Where do I want to be?"

"I want to be in that man's office."

"What will happen if I go inside?"

"Well, the worst that could happen is I'll be thrown back into the hall."

"Well, that's where I am now, so what have I got to lose?"

When I entered the business world, I started in and spent 16 years in direct sales. Early on, I had to knock on a lot of doors; we called it "canvassing." The objective was to make appointments for that evening to demonstrate our heavy-duty waterless cookware.

I do not ever remember looking forward to knocking on that first door — or even the second or the third. By about the fourth or fifth door, however, I was getting into the swing of things and actually looked forward to getting to the next door.

And the rush... nothing like knocking on a cold door and getting in... the power of it... how many times have I sat down almost 30 sec into my spiel and look over to see that. "I just let this guy in my house and I have no real idea who he is" look...

And just to be clear... it was a cold door, no name even... :laugh:

and about 45 min to hour later beginning paper work... I love that feeling. :yes:

And the rush... nothing like knocking on a cold door and getting in... the power of it... how many times have I sat down almost 30 sec into my spiel and look over to see that. "I just let this guy in my house and I have no real idea who he is" look...

And just to be clear... it was a cold door, no name even... :laugh:

and about 45 min to hour later beginning paper work... I love that feeling. :yes:

Remember that rush when you first started. Walking out of a house trying hard not to fist pump the sky on the way to the car. I miss that jazzed feeling.

Remember that rush when you first started. Walking out of a house trying hard not to fist pump the sky on the way to the car. I miss that jazzed feeling.

I remember the first several months having this strange feeling running through me knowing I just knocked and a door walking down the street... got my self into the home of a total stranger... sold them something they weren't even thinking about... collected their age, DOB, SS#, checking account number... :wideeyed:

WHAT!! :unsure:

I remember the first several months having this strange feeling running through me knowing I just knocked and a door walking down the street... got my self into the home of a total stranger... sold them something they weren't even thinking about... collected their age, DOB, SS#, checking account number... :wideeyed:

WHAT!! :unsure:

Yeah, back in the black and white days we walked out with all of that and a check! I remember collecting a check for $88,000.00 I was trying to act cool like I did it everyday. Could hardly keep my chit together. Single premium so it was not as much comp as it sounds.

I got a phone call from a client a bit ago. We did a quick review on her mother and brother's policies. We quoted, sold and wrote her a UHL ROP Term plan. Made a couple thousand dollars from an inbound call and nothing. Routine. I was more jazzed about the referral she gave me. I am getting old 8`-(

Right now it looks like I just got about 334 free aged leads to door knock. He did let me pay for the coffee, however.

With that many it should really reduce your average time between knock. Qualify quickly and I bet you can pull some record weeks.

Back