What year did agents start using DM

Because we’re in the FE forum, I answered based on when I first saw DM being used for FE as it is today. On reflection, I can remember my first run at life insurance in 1984 before the term FE was ever used, a lot of the companies were using direct mail with response cards, although it was usually self-generated by agents doing their own mailings off of lists. It was also usually geared to mortgage protection or touting low term rates.

Because we’re in the FE forum, I answered based on when I first saw DM being used for FE as it is today. On reflection, I can remember my first run at life insurance in 1984 before the term FE was ever used, a lot of the companies were using direct mail with response cards, although it was usually self-generated by agents doing their own mailings off of lists. It was also usually geared to mortgage protection or touting low term rates.
The first person I met using them was a fellow from Chattanooga named George Samadoroff.. Think he was with Associated Doctors Health and Life... He would come into the post office with a fist full of cards trying to locate the addresses.. Way before GPS and in the days that the post clerks would go out of their way to help you. Believe rearden has met George.

Back