• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

This video shows the true what avg fe agents net

Once I was at "some sort of training at some sort of captive company in the Midwest where you travel to the big city and stay in a hotel for a week and train" ... anyways, the prez or ceo or some sort of higher up comes before us and tells us that like 99% of us shall fail and not be here in a few months. Or something like that. it was the most negative thing I ever heard in training, but he was right. I doubt if any of us stayed more than a few months. Why did they recruit us and put us in a big hotel and spend money training us???
Back in the Stone Ages companies spent big money and effort on training. F2F training and ride-alongs. My staff manager wrote my first several apps.

Once I was at "some sort of training at some sort of captive company in the Midwest where you travel to the big city and stay in a hotel for a week and train" ... anyways, the prez or ceo or some sort of higher up comes before us and tells us that like 99% of us shall fail and not be here in a few months. Or something like that. it was the most negative thing I ever heard in training, but he was right. I doubt if any of us stayed more than a few months. Why did they recruit us and put us in a big hotel and spend money training us???
From their perspective its a pretty good business model: recruit some new agents, get them hyped up, get them to sell something, get them to leave, keep the business. Rinse and repeat.

They really don't want an agent to stay. In fact the captive company I worked for when first licensed lowered the commission I would get from my agents the longer they were there!

Here’s something that hasn’t changed in the last 50 yrs in insurance no matter what recruiters tell you . Only 5-8% of insurance agents who enter this business either today or 50 yrs ago will still be doing it 24-36 months later . Yes there’s 100% better way to get leads , ease of Epps ,self training on the net etc. But what hasn’t changed are Human beings being the same level of laziness in 1950 or 2024.

The agents that make it,are successful for a long period of time enjoy what they do.

The agents trying to break in being chained to a desk,working from home,looking at a monitor all day with a head set have an even lower chance of making it past the first 6 months.

Why did they recruit us and put us in a big hotel and spend money training us???
Because they have a precise formula for how many they need to recruit to get the number of producers they're looking for. If they need five real producers to stay on and produce, and know 95% fail out in the first 3-6 mos, then they need to bring on 100. I went through this long ago with Yellow Pages sales. They paid super well too, put us up in hotels, per diem, the whole nine yards. They knew exactly what they were doing and the numbers 6-12 mos. later bore that out.

Combined?

Back