What's the Word on "Senior Life" Company?

Fisher

Guru
1000 Post Club
GA
For some reason that I don't recall this company, Senior Life, popped up on my radar. Any one have anything good or bad to say about them?

Senior Life Insurance Company | Home

P.S. I tried to search the forum but due to my inability to search for multiple words using wrapped quotes you can imagine the hits I got back with 'senior' and 'life' in the search request.

Re: What's the Word on This Company?

For some reason that I don't recall this company, Senior Life, popped up on my radar. Any one have anything good or bad to say about them?

Senior Life Insurance Company | Home

P.S. I tried to search the forum but due to my inability to search for multiple words using wrapped quotes you can imagine the hits I got back with 'senior' and 'life' in the search request.

They are kind of an offshoot of LH that Greg was promoting for phone sales here on the forum. They have high premiums and sort of set up similar to LH.

Not very attractive for a broker. They mainly have captive agents that don't even know what life insurance is really supposed to cost.

Good looking website.

Thank you for saving my time, Newby.

Someone correct me if I am wrong, but the president of Senior Life was one of the biggest regional directors for Lincoln Heritage. So, he just basically created his company off of the same plaform that LH operates.

I can't remember his name but a guy down in Mississippi operates a final expense call center and all they sell is LH and Senior Life over the phone.

Thank you for saving my time, Newby.

Someone correct me if I am wrong, but the president of Senior Life was one of the biggest regional directors for Lincoln Heritage. So, he just basically created his company off of the same plaform that LH operates.

I can't remember his name but a guy down in Mississippi operates a final expense call center and all they sell is LH and Senior Life over the phone.
On their About Us section they say that they were originally Provident. I haven't seen ANYTHING on them and I'm ususually innundated with company literature, but maybe they are just ramping up.

I think they were started by the Powell's.

Newby is right they hire anyone and really just show them how to sell FE without really knowing anything about insurance.
Last I saw their app doesn't really have a lot of questions its all based off of what prescriptions and how many they take.

They are a predatory MLM JOKE.

I've written for Sr.Life since April, 2010. 95% of my production has been over the phone, just like it was beforehand with Lincoln Heritage.

Sr. Life accepts dir. bill, credit cards, bank debit cards, and pre-loaded debit cards along with, of course, bank draft biz.

I've known the Powell's since '99 when I became a part of their agency, writing with Lincoln Heritage at that time. At that time the Powell's would produce about 1/2 of Lincoln Heritage's production month in and month out.

Back around 2001 Dale and Ron Powell said if Geico can sell car ins. over the phone how come we can't sell FE over the phone? They subsequently ran an 18 month test pilot of selling FE over the phone for LH. And now, 8-10 yrs. later, other FE Co.'s are starting to get involved with FE tele-sales also.

The Dan Roberts Group that has been discussed on this forum learned their tele-sales craft while under the Powell Group.

Their premiums are a little on the high side, just like LH. But that's never been a problem for me writing with either Co.

Last year they had a Co. trip EACH quarter of the yr., with each quarter's requirements progressively more difficult to reach and each trip a little nicer.

It's refreshing to write for a Co. where the CEO, President, and Director of Agencies all have over 20 yrs. experience in Final Expense. They've worked leads in the field and can relate to what an agent goes through day after day.That's all we do.

Some agents like SL and some agents don't. That's true with any Co. out there.

Thank you for the reply. High-side premiums and tele-sales? Are you guys writing a bunch in SW Missouri and NW Arkansas? If not, would you mind hitting that up?

We need more inventory in Southern Indiana too!

Please!

Thank you for the reply. High-side premiums and tele-sales? Are you guys writing a bunch in SW Missouri and NW Arkansas? If not, would you mind hitting that up?

I understand that a lot is being written each week in both states. Their top 5 producers each week write about $6k-$8k each. Of course it takes working 40-60 leads that week. Almost impossible to do the same volume of production or work 40-60 leads in one week face 2 face.

Back