When Buying A Car

i totally understand that some times parents can be a bit annoying and frustrating but in this one i think your dad is right.. he has got a point

well great news... being patient and all... but my dad has a friend with an auction license... so the next auction is like mid Feb in my neighborhood... (the auction most small dealership gets their cars from)... and i guess my dad and him are like best friends so were going to go to the auction, and he says there are some great deals there... he says i could hopefully find a tC there for under 5K with not too high mileages... just make sure i have money with me...

Good luck with it. I used to go to the car auctions. Be ready of multiple lanes of car after car and decisions have to be made quickly.
You can usually get cars for about 20% less there which is about the margin dealers usually work with.
The less popular a model is the cheaper you can get it.

I want to buy a Used Scion tC I make about $300/bi week, and I plan to put 2K down on a tC valued at 8500 or below, and the rest will be financed. My dad doesn't want to co-sign, he says I wont be able to afford the month payments w/ Insurance. He claims dealerships will not sell me a Used car, unless i'm going to put full coverage on it. No matter how much I put down. Can someone clear this up for me?

It's not the dealer, it's the bank that requires full coverage due to the lien. However, the bank will not fund the loan to the dealer until your paperwork package is complete and sent to the bank for approval, and that package includes a form that YOU signed that YES you have full coverage insurance. The business manager will verify this with you insurance agent.

Back