When is the best time to switch someone

I am not doubting you at all but when I switch someone this late in the year I don't start renewals until the same time next year. Maybe I'm just not looking at my commissions sheet well. That is one thing I don't look at much. I have an accountant.
I’d be cautious moving a non dual this late in yr . You’re looking at a 9/1 effective date and surely they’ve used some of their moop . Also there’s a very good chance you’ll have to move the plan during aep

That’s not how it works unless you are LOA maybe
Hmmm I am the principal of the company right now. The way it’s set up I am LOA because the owner is full of cash and leads. I can buy him out in a couple of years. So what would be the difference? Thanks for your help.

I’d be cautious moving a non dual this late in yr . You’re looking at a 9/1 effective date and surely they’ve used some of their moop . Also there’s a very good chance you’ll have to move the plan during aep
Good point.

Hmmm I am the principal of the company right now. The way it’s set up I am LOA because the owner is full of cash and leads. I can buy him out in a couple of years. So what would be the difference? Thanks for your help.
What type leads is he full of ?

Here’s a perfect example. Starting today, I’ll sign up T65’s for a Nov 1 start date. If it’s a MAPD, I’ll get $611 up front and then starting on 1/1/25, I’ll get renewals each month.

Because you are LOA, your boss is pocketing that money. It may be justified if he is giving you free leads (a lead is not a phone number).

Does MOOP not travel from plan to plan? I had heard in the past that a drug deductible that has been met with one carrier will not have to be met again if they change to another carrier in the plan year. Obviously if the new plan deductible is higher, they will pay the difference. Could be misinformed on that though, can anyone verify?

Here’s a perfect example. Starting today, I’ll sign up T65’s for a Nov 1 start date. If it’s a MAPD, I’ll get $611 up front and then starting on 1/1/25, I’ll get renewals each month.

Because you are LOA, your boss is pocketing that money. It may be justified if he is giving you free leads (a lead is not a phone number).
I just went to my FMO’s roadshow event and they told me about ways you can cold call leads and stay compliant.

Does MOOP not travel from plan to plan? I had heard in the past that a drug deductible that has been met with one carrier will not have to be met again if they change to another carrier in the plan year. Obviously if the new plan deductible is higher, they will pay the difference. Could be misinformed on that though, can anyone verify?
Caveat, not an agent.

Aren't drug deductibles and MOOP's different animals?

Caveat, not an agent.

Aren't drug deductibles and MOOP's different animals?
Correct, they are not related whatsoever. I was just using the drug deductibles as an example that it was essentially a "universal" deductible. I'm not sure if MOOP followed similar rules or not.

Back