When is the best time to switch someone

Here’s a perfect example. Starting today, I’ll sign up T65’s for a Nov 1 start date. If it’s a MAPD, I’ll get $611 up front and then starting on 1/1/25, I’ll get renewals each month.

Because you are LOA, your boss is pocketing that money. It may be justified if he is giving you free leads (a lead is not a phone number).
I wrote 3 T-65’s today but i already know I’m going to have to move them during sept . All wanted the part B giveback with Humana . And i already know the part B won’t be in their county in 2025 .

Correct, they are not related whatsoever. I was just using the drug deductibles as an example that it was essentially a "universal" deductible. I'm not sure if MOOP followed similar rules or not.
Thats very basic info you need to learn . Drug deductibles and all rx expense are called Troop . That follows from plan to plan and company to company . Moop is for the health ins part . Expenses will transfer from ppo to ppo and hmo to hmo WITHIN the same company . But company to company or hmo to ppo or ppo to hmo within the same company expenses used doing transfer

Does MOOP not travel from plan to plan? I had heard in the past that a drug deductible that has been met with one carrier will not have to be met again if they change to another carrier in the plan year. Obviously if the new plan deductible is higher, they will pay the difference. Could be misinformed on that though, can anyone verify?
Under no circumstance should you move them.

Take a step back and dig in on AHIP plus Medicare and You.

Love your enthusiasm and drive but you’ve got a ways to go on basic knowledge.

And no, OOP on MAPDs do not move with plan changes.

Thats very basic info you need to learn . Drug deductibles and all rx expense are called Troop . That follows from plan to plan and company to company . Moop is for the health ins part . Expenses will transfer from ppo to ppo and hmo to hmo WITHIN the same company . But company to company or hmo to ppo or ppo to hmo within the same company expenses used doing transfer
I am a newer agent and I am well aware of the difference between TROOP and MOOP. I was simply asking if MOOP followed similar rules as TROOP. Thank you for the clarification.

Under no circumstance should you move them.

Take a step back and dig in on AHIP plus Medicare and You.

Love your enthusiasm and drive but you’ve got a ways to go on basic knowledge.

And no, OOP on MAPDs do not move with plan changes.
Move who? Lol. Not sure what the first three lines are about but thanks for the answer

Move who? Lol. Not sure what the first three lines are about but thanks for the answer
Your original post was discussing moving people on MAPD to a new MAPD using a disaster SEP?

The forum may not be the best place for a newbie. Take a look at Ms Medicare on FB. It’s all about women helping women. Nicely.

Your original post was discussing moving people on MAPD to a new MAPD using a disaster SEP?

The forum may not be the best place for a newbie. Take a look at Ms Medicare on FB. It’s all about women helping women. Nicely.
Ah it looks like you have my post confused with the person that started the thread. No worries. Enjoy your night!

I have been an agent for 12 years, but started my own agency about a year ago. Back in my wild west days I could less about the right time to switch someone who has an advantage plan. The scenario is this. I have a couple of leads that I can easily switch them from one company to another before AEP due to the disaster SEP. Would it be best to just wait until AEP, as far as retainment of client and commission? Or is it best to do it now and establish the relationship? I want to build this the right way. Thanks
If you can help them with a better plan now, then do it. Establish yourself now as their “agent for life”. As long as there on Medicare( which is the rest of their life) they need to see you as their Medicare agent. If they want to switch for AEP, they will go through you. You have to overwhelm them with sincere, quality service , let them know you are always available.
Thats what I do with my clients and I have great retention. I keep in touch with my clients, I started a newsletter that I mail to my clients once or twice a year. I have a FB page for my clients, etc.
Always sell yourself, not the plan you are putting them on.

Back