Where Are You Investing For Retirement ?

Re: Where Are You Investing?

I'm just buying millions of Forever Stamps at the post office. As soon as postage goes up...I'm rolling in it.

If tomorrow all the banks fail and the money in your pocket is not worth anything, gold will still be gold. No matter where you go, they accept gold as money.

Just food for thought. Not saying that I think our govt will fall.

If tomorrow all the banks fail and the money in your pocket is not worth anything, gold will still be gold. No matter where you go, they accept gold as money.

Just food for thought. Not saying that I think our govt will fall.

Gold will be worth exactly what someone will be willing to exchange something for it at a specific point in time. If you own a house, you can at least live in it. If you own sacks of wheat, you can at least make bread and pasta out of it. If you own salt (currency of choice at one time), you can at least flavor your meat with it. If you own a ton of gold and nobody wants it, you can make chains out of it and wear them around your neck. There's no intrinsic value in gold and is only used to represent general commodities for the sake of convenience.

" It is going to keep going up."

Keep up your E & O!! "Statements like that will come back to haunt you", and I do guarantee that statement.

" It is going to keep going up."

Keep up your E & O!! "Statements like that will come back to haunt you", and I do guarantee that statement.

Ol' Mark doesn't have a securities license. Hard to get E&O to cover unlicensed activities. :swoon:

My father gave myself and my two sisters an Englehard Silver Bar (100 oz) back in the mid 70s. He paid about $600 for each. I know my sisters sold theirs many moons ago.

When silver hit $43 about three weeks ago, I thought about selling. I waited about a week and sold at about $40.50. Good thing. Down around 30-33 now. You just never know.

The money? Miami University (Oxford) costs about $23k per year and when you have two kids...well, you know.

At the moment I like gold too. With the VIX near the highest point of the year and the ongoing negative economic outlook for the next 12 months, I feel that this recent dip in gold represents a buying opportunity. I bought in late last year around $1400 and sold off some recently around the $1800 mark. Frankly I was a little worried about a "gold bubble." Now I'm buying again because I feel that we have some time to go before that potential bubble bursts.
But who knows...some new catastrophe may befall us all tomorrow and I'll lose it all anyway.

There is a reason why you see all the signs that tell you they will buy your gold.

They know how to melt it down and pay you a fraction of what it is really worth.

There is a reason why you see all the signs that tell you they will buy your gold.

They know how to melt it down and pay you a fraction of what it is really worth.

When everyone and their brother is buying gold, sell gold. When everyone is busy selling, buy.

Its the best kept secret in investing.

I'm going in the morning to bid on 2 storage units.

That tv shows has me wanting to try it.

Back