Where Are You Investing For Retirement ?

Good luck. Renters across the street moved out a few months back. We're close friends with the owner who walked us through it after they left. Around 10k in damage.

I just went through a similar deal where the SWAT team invaded one of our houses, and every door and nearly every window was destroyed. They found drugs in the house, and the boyfriend had fired a gun 4 times in the house trying to shoot his g/f.

Costed us about $2k to get everything fixed, we were able to serve them with a 3 day eviction notice because of the illegal activity (TN law). Got it fixed and rented again in less than 2 weeks. We also have apartments as well as a few houses, and that was the worst experience I have had.

Our house was on the 6 o'clock news with the swat vehicles in the yard. Still is a good invesment, but good management and good location is key. There is a lot of jobs in our area and the pool of renters is quite large and most are decent people.

Im currently investing in real estate. I plan on getting into the stock market soon, but have a ton to learn about it before I would feel comfortable putting a large amount of money into the market. Anyone here do their own trading?

Im currently investing in real estate. I plan on getting into the stock market soon, but have a ton to learn about it before I would feel comfortable putting a large amount of money into the market. Anyone here do their own trading?

Do I hear, buy high, sell low. The market is at its highest in several years. Now isn't necessarily the time to be jumping in.

Now watch it roar for a few more years and everyone get a laugh out of this! :mad:

Speaking of real estate, has anyone heard of this group?

Marquis Properties - Real Estate Investment Company Providing Turnkey Investment Real Estate, Investment Property, Investment Properties and Resources for Investing in Real Estate —

They have a program designed to allow Financial Planners/Advisors/Agents to recommend real estate to their clients and receive a commission on the purchase without being real estate licensed. They are doing the same thing Jacob is doing but on a much larger scale and using the advisors/agents to as conduits to the investor. Interesting concept but wanted to see if anyone has every used them before I contact them.

Thanks,

I am using memphisinvest.com for my clients, they do what you described and pay a nice comm.

Back