Where does an agency owner find sales agents?

Tbh, people can be pretty ruthless on here.. HOWEVER, you can take it two ways:

1) Reflect on what you're doing/what's being said.

2) Act like soft af.

You don't have to agree with what's being said, but you're not learning anything if you get all butthurt because you're fragile.

I'm always amazed the softies can make it as an agent. I guess they find personalities that mesh well with theirs in clients or something?

I'm always amazed the softies can make it as an agent. I guess they find personalities that mesh well with theirs in clients or something?

I mean, it can go either way. I am very thick skinned. I'm generally oblivious of others feelings, and regularly abrasive and offensive. You would think I wouldn't make it, but I've thrived in the commercial space.

I mean, it can go either way. I am very thick skinned. I'm generally oblivious of others feelings, and regularly abrasive and offensive. You would think I wouldn't make it, but I've thrived in the commercial space.

That's the thing though, how do you take the pressure from business owners or even personal lines customers if you get easily offended by what some strangers on an insurance forum have to say?

Rouse, my question was GENERALLY speaking. What would it accomplish to give all the details to the folks on this thread?! Some, but not all of you are licensed agents, which is fine. Not a slam. Just sayin. Furthermore, I don't imagine many, if any, of you are in Michigan. Like I said, generally speaking, is there some rock I'm not overturning where others have found sales people.
The forum has thousands of viewers.. Not all post and many more are not even members. You never know who might be viewing that might be interested in contracting with a good upline in Michigan.... or Alaska..:)

The forum has thousands of viewers.. Not all post and many more are not even members. You never know who might be viewing that might be interested in contracting with a good upline in Michigan.... or Alaska..:)

You never know who you're talking to, or who is listening. I've actually ended up doing business with a number of people I've met on this forum.

Last edited:
Rouse, my question was GENERALLY speaking. What would it accomplish to give all the details to the folks on this thread?! Some, but not all of you are licensed agents, which is fine. Not a slam. Just sayin. Furthermore, I don't imagine many, if any, of you are in Michigan. Like I said, generally speaking, is there some rock I'm not overturning where others have found sales people.

Because most of us and most of the guest here are licensed agents. The very people you say you want. There a grip of newbies watching these threads and not replying. Probably for years.

Many of us also have done the Adult Daycare thing.

Some of the IMOs here now or in the past got some of their agents here. Where the agents called them.

How long have you been in insurance?

You never know who you're talking to, or who is listening. I've actually ended up doing business with a number of people I've met on this forum.

Same. Some came here to ask a question others just reached out.
I have written several members. I also have given warm-to-hot leads to members and split business with many.

This is a play area mostly for me. I try to help when asked and learn more.

Back