Where does an agency owner find sales agents?

Travis your many yrs from hitting $100 k . Your going to need 300 sustainable policys on the book . The Med .sup pool is 30% less than 4 yrs ago . To get their your going to need to sell mapd .

Don,

You don't know ANYTHING about my book. It's clear because you make the assumption that I haven't offered MAPD for years.. and you're wrong.

Secondly, I didn't say I was trying to make 100k. I said my job with the State was 100k and people were leaving in droves.

Just FYI, my insurance sales are a sliver of my income self-employed. I don't brag about myself because I don't have to impress people on a forum. However, since you swear you know me.. I'll give you a little insight:

1) I passively sell insurance these days. I don't go all over the state to try to sell people. They come to me, we talk, and then I decide if they're a good fit or not before I write them. If they don't want to work with me, I leave them to people like you.

2) The second portion of my income is from being a contract Subject Matter Expert on Crypto, Medicare, and Social Security Disability. I spend about 2.5-3 hours a day, 4 days a week actually "working" and I bill over a grand a week because I don't WANT to take on more work. That's not in addition to my insurance book, investments, and other forms of passive income.

3) I've been featured in national publications, such as Kiplinger's, Fox Business, WebMD, Bankrate.com, and HowStuffWorks.

Money is nothing more than a tool. Time is the most important commodity for me.

You pretending like you know anything about my setup is like bringing a knife to a gunfight. You pretend to know because I work from home I can't possibly be successful. I'm happy with what I do, that's what's most important to me. What I make, in total, is none of your business unless you're paying my bills.

A little less assuming and a little more reading comprehension might be good for you.

Last edited:
Alex, I came on here to start a polite conversation with folks who wanted to share helpful information. So spare me your undeserved shot about me "whining".

My apologies, I figured all insurance agents had thick skin. That being said, I gave you constructive feedback from my experience, but you're deciding to focus on me calling you a whiner instead of everything else I've given you.

With everyone sitting at home collecting fake printed money, it's hard to find good help these days. Of course, this problem is not exclusive to insurance. It's indicative of the times we live in. That being said, does anyone have any ideas as to where to find sales agents? Don't even need experience. If anyone has any ideas, I'm all ears. Thanks.

This is what I was referring to when I say you're whining. The problem isn't that "everyone is sitting at home", sure that's a problem, but the majority of people are working, and the type of people who are sitting on their asses during this aren't the types you would want working for you regardless. People on this forum have been asking you what you're doing to make yourself and your company more attractive for potential employees. Like it or not, it's not an employers market, so if you want people you're going to have to step up your game.

Go back in read your comments in this post and ask if you would work for yourself. You've literally only said you "Want people who want to work, will hire anyone regardless of if they have experience or not, I sell P&C" and then you proceeded to think everyone was attacking you after they tried to gather your value proposition and provide constructive feedback and criticism.

So good luck hiring anyone, I sure as shit would never work for you, even if I were inexperienced.

Latest posts

Back