Wheres A Good Place To Buy A List

Not picking on anyone here, but for all the time it took to get a "gee, I don't really know" answer, wouldn't it have been quicker, easier, less frustrating just to have called Lead Concepts?

Doc,

That's kind of what I was thinking. Why would I ask you how much a new Chevy truck is going to cost me especially after I said I had already been to the dealers website?

I initially assumed that Lead Concepts was refusing to give a price over the phone.

(Senior, did I get the splen correct this time? :D )

I have brought list from several differing companies but not with this one, tried to call them and yes it did seem kind of complexing, to say the least! Yet I'm assuming they are really wanting to do the mailings more so then just selling list, creating added value, I suppose?

Sorry James, I really was confused. I couldn't tell if you were talking about not getting an answer from someone here or from Lead Concepts since you didn't state either.

If I remember correctly, that's a big IF, they have several options when ordering a list. Name and address only, with phone number, with birth date, etc. There pricing is different depending on the options you select.

Since it has been over a year, and I have slept since then, I believe that I paid around $100 for 1,000 names, addresses, phone numbers and dates of birth in specific zip codes. However, I really don't have a clue what the cost would be today. It could have changed dramatically.

Frank

You know what they say about buying a car or truck. No 2 people pay the same price for the same car!! and that's because of credit, trade-ins, mood of the salesperson, your negotiating skills, etc.

Same is true of lead houses. Ask about newcomer discounts, company affiliations, repeat orders price break points, or even quantity price breaks.

If i order lists, I can work off them for 5 years or longer. Not that many over 50's people move around. Exceptions were neighborhood buyouts.

You know what they say about buying a car or truck. No 2 people pay the same price for the same car!! and that's because of credit, trade-ins, mood of the salesperson, your negotiating skills, etc.

Same is true of lead houses. Ask about newcomer discounts, company affiliations, repeat orders price break points, or even quantity price breaks.

If i order lists, I can work off them for 5 years or longer. Not that many over 50's people move around. Exceptions were neighborhood buyouts.

I call people all the time from old lists also. The only problems I ever run into are usually with people who are 79 and older. They either move into an apt, with relatives or the cemetery.

I rarely call people that old. By age 79 they are getting senile or set in their ways. They like everything predictable.

Is there a consensus?

It seems everyone on this thread agrees that leadconcepts.com is best. Or have I misinterpreted? If so, please list other sites to get quality lists for newbies like me.

It seems everyone on this thread agrees that leadconcepts.com is best. Or have I misinterpreted? If so, please list other sites to get quality lists for newbies like me.

I really don't know at this point. I believe that I am the one who originally mentioned Lead Concepts. It is the only one I am familiar with since I so seldom buy lists. I like them and their lists have been as accurate as I would expect them to be.

Others I believe have been mentioned. The only thing I suggested, in relationship to others, is to be cautious of ones that are very cheap because there is a danger that they have not been updated in a while. If I were buying a list from anyone the first question I would ask is how often are the lists updated.

I would suggest you try them and a few others. Ask questions before you place an order. Find out if the date of birth is mm/dd/yyyy or just mm/yyyy I would also ask what format the date is in. Different companies use different date formats I believe.

If you can have them send it to you in Excel format. At least that is the easiest for me to work in.

You didn't specify who you will be calling so it is hard to give advice regarding some of the things you mentioned. For seniors I would specify an income starting at $15,000 and ages 67 to 76. For others I can't help you. If you hope to sell Private Fee For Service (PFFS) plans to seniors, if we can again, I would ask if you can order them by county. That will save you time in looking up zip codes.

Beyond that I'm afraid I can't be of much help.

Back