Who is Lloyd Lofton?

Just because something is posted on a public forum does not mean it is legal to plagiarize what was posted. They would need the site owners permission to repost anything since they are the legal owner of the content.

I cant believe that the forum doesnt run a duplicate content program on all articles submitted to them. It only takes about 1 minute to do. Not only is it the ethical thing to do, but having duplicate content could hurt their SOE rankings.

And the list in that article is a word for word plagiarism of your post 10 years ago Scott.

Last edited:
Just because something is posted on a public forum does not mean it is legal to plagiarize what was posted. They would need the site owners permission to repost anything since they are the legal owner of the content. I cant believe that the forum doesnt run a duplicate content program on all articles submitted to them. It only takes about 1 minute to do. Not only is it the ethical thing to do, but having duplicate content could hurt their SOE rankings. And the list in that article is a word for word plagiarism of your post 10 years ago Scott.

I know. I just started reading the article for some reason. And I was actually thinking wow this guy actually sells more like I do. Then I got to about the third line and I'm like This is ME. These are my words. Did I miss the part where the guy explains who wrote this? Checked it twice and...nope. Just some bum who is not only stealing my stuff and presenting it as his own. But also too lazy to even retype it into his own words. Really a low life move.

I know. I just started reading the article for some reason. And I was actually thinking wow this guy actually sells more like I do. Then I got to about the third line and I'm like This is ME. These are my words. Did I miss the part where the guy explains who wrote this? Checked it twice and...nope. Just some bum who is not only stealing my stuff and presenting it as his own. But also too lazy to even retype it into his own words. Really a low life move.

I had the same problem with an old website I used to have. Some "financial advisor" out in IL decided to copy and paste a few of my articles onto his site. I happened to find it doing research on a subject and it hit me just like hit did you. I was about a paragraph in and suddenly realized it was my words exactly... low life move is exactly what I thought.

The "expert" who wrote that article is risking his life license and his designations by committing plagiarism.

I feel like this isnt the first time I am hearing this guys name in a bad light,

I had signed up for sima a while back,,The site itself really did not seem like something to gain much from, it was busy the info was not helpful

But the thing I was told was there was a great coop for internet leads.supposedly I had some type of scholarship giving me access to everything, But I could not access the higher levels,

I tired calling leaving message and email, Granted I did not go beyond that, but after not receiving a response and just really not too intrested in what seemed to me a busy confused site that lacked more useful information I decided I was probably better off not getting more involved

I am glad too because right after that I ran into Chris Westffal's site and that has changed everything for me, useful info easy to find, Info that actually helped me Sell more and more efficiently

Yes that's him. Poor dumb fool didn't even know which guy to steal from. I told Travis yesterday if he would have just stole Travis's presentation all those agents he sold his training to would be millionaires today.

Any training material, proprietary information, logos, etc., that you feel have value to other agents and clients should be copyright protected. I know you have several websites. Place documents, like the one "lifted" from you, o your websites and add a legal disclosure at the bottom of each page:

"Commercial use by others is prohibited by law. This site provides life insurance quotes. Each rate shown is a quote based on information provided by the carrier. No portion of this website may be copied, published, faxed, mailed or distributed in any manner for any purpose without prior written authorization of the owner."

This may not keep someone from using it but if you catch them you can nail them for it!:idea:

Just because something is posted on a public forum does not mean it is legal to plagiarize what was posted. They would need the site owners permission to repost anything since they are the legal owner of the content.

I cant believe that the forum doesnt run a duplicate content program on all articles submitted to them. It only takes about 1 minute to do. Not only is it the ethical thing to do, but having duplicate content could hurt their SOE rankings.

And the list in that article is a word for word plagiarism of your post 10 years ago Scott.

That is what I was thinking, but wasn't sure if on a public forum. Maybe a letter from an attorney needs to show up at his door.... make him sweat a little :yes:

He's not the only one who used another agent's information to promote himself. If Frank Stastny was alive he would mention the name. I have nothing to gain by doing it myself.

Rick

He's not the only one who used another agent's information to promote himself. If Frank Stastny was alive he would mention the name. I have nothing to gain by doing it myself. Rick

In that original thread that I posted in you posted a conversation about dirtbags stealing other people's stuff. You were ahead of your time.

Back