Who Underwrites Sleep Apnea for Life Insurance

I too was diagnosed with SA last year. I was very lethargic and tired all the time. I wore the machine for awhile but most every night would take it off unconsciously. I have lost a litte weight, don't snore as much and not near as lethargic. But health and life companies don" like SA.

Im not sure if any life company med or non med will underwrite this guy...what I didnt mention is this: he has the sleep apnea, the Dr. told him to try a machine, but he couldn't use it and discontinued...I wonder how the companies would look at a guy who 'tried' the CPap machine but elected not to use it.

Thanks guys for the replies....Great posts! Pru or Genworth may work - however, I was hoping to maybe find another company with a non med term - he is looking for what he can get for under $50 per month...and doesn't need a lot of life insurance...Fidelity won't take him with the sleep apnea, nor will Assurity (both non med)...I also wanted to avoid the underwriting because he is in his 50s, and 6-1 and 249 pounds and isn't using the CPap machine (it didnt work for him) so he stopped using it...if he has a nurse visit, they probably will find something else wrong with him and rate him up way too high...Any more ideas? Sorry, this is a tough case but I trust the expertise on this forum.

LH would write him a $10,000 FE policy for that price range. I'm sure other FE carriers would as well.

JD: Thanks for the reply but what is LH and FE?

Sorry, LH is Lincoln Heritage. FE is final expense. We all get so used to using abbreviations and don't remember that everyone doesn't know what we are abbreviating.

I'm certain that Lincoln Heritage would cover your client on a $10,000 final expense whole life policy with immediate coverage in the price range you asked about.

I think other companies would as well, but, I don't have the experience with others to know for sure.

Back