Whole Life Thru Credit Union

In Michigan credit unions are very prevalent. I run into CUNA policies all the time. Never seen one that wasn't a group policy. Pricing is usually fairly competitive. I always make sure to let the people know that the life insurance company is not affiliated with the CU in any way. Other than they are buying a list of the members from the credit union. So both the insurance company and the credit union are doing it to make money.

With the CUNA policies that you ran into, did the prospect have an actual policy? My prospect does not, but it says "policy#" on his welcome letter from them.

most of them had a generic style policy that gave cash values for every age group and were lose leaf style. Very few were individual policies. The non Cuna policies are all over the board. The CUNA rates were quite good for smokers but beatable for non smokers.

People in Michigan do like their credit unions. So try to prove to them their is no connection with the insurance company and the cu. Then sell yourself.

I might get half of them. I normally give the pitch and if they don'ts appear to be biting I leave.

Back