Why Are Customers So Stupid?

agent9922

can someone explain to me why customers are just so stupid? I'll try to sell them a low cost decent and effective plan. I do a good job at presenting it and im honest about it. One guy- I was selling him a plan with a really good carrier for 127.00/month.

I talk to him days later and he said it's ok, he signed up with a diff company. I ask him who- he says multiplan for 400/month with a 140 startup fee.

Not only is it not health insurance, but this bozo was willing to pay 400 for a plan based on lies an agent told. Even if it was true, who would be stupid enough to pay that amount? this guy was 24 years old. I tried to tell him multiplan wasn't health insurance and he said he'll research it.

This happens all the time- i even sell good plans, good prices and customers complain- they just want to whine about anything, but they're thrilled to get scammed by other companies and people and pay 300/month for something that isn't health insurance. Do customers just trust liars? that's what it seems like to me- b/c being honest doesn't seem to work with them. customers act like im scamming them- when im nothing but nice honest and upfront. Yet they'll gladly get scammed by people who just ask for their CC number and hang up on them. Does any of this make any sense? I don't understand them anymore- i guess if I try a fake sales pitch, sound fake and money hungry, and act like a jerk not only will they trust me but they won't bother or harass me. But if im honest, they treat me like a scam artist, and not good and bother me over anything.

Last edited:
can someone explain to me why customers are just so stupid? I'll try to sell them a low cost decent and effective plan. I do a good job at presenting it and im honest about it. One guy- I was selling him a plan with a really good carrier for 127.00/month.

I talk to him days later and he said it's ok, he signed up with a diff company. I ask him who- he says multiplan for 400/month with a 140 startup fee.

Not only is it not health insurance, but this bozo was willing to pay 400 for a plan based on lies an agent told. Even if it was true, who would be stupid enough to pay that amount? this guy was 24 years old. I tried to tell him multiplan wasn't health insurance and he said he'll research it.

This happens all the time- i even sell good plans, good prices and customers complain- they just want to whine about anything, but they're thrilled to get scammed by other companies and people and pay 300/month for something that isn't health insurance. Do customers just trust liars? that's what it seems like to me- b/c being honest doesn't seem to work with them. customers act like im scamming them- when im nothing but nice honest and upfront. Yet they'll gladly get scammed by people who just ask for their CC number and hang up on them. Does any of this make any sense? I don't understand them anymore- i guess if I try a fake sales pitch, sound fake and money hungry, and act like a jerk not only will they trust me but they won't bother or harass me. But if im honest, they treat me like a scam artist, and not good and bother me over anything.

Sounds like your prospect was hoodwinked by USHealth, USHG, USHealth Group...

I look at it like this. People have a right to make good or bad decisions just like we do. I learned my lesson of not seeing the husband and wife together for an appointment no matter how hard the husband says he makes the decisions or doesn't need her ok to make a decision. You give out a bunch of information and he says I have to talk it over with my wife.

People will do what they think is within their best interest and as Art Williams once said that's the perfect policy for him. Just move on. At some point he will contact or at least remember you.

Yeah... I think your customers are about as stupid as you are, agent992.

Why? Because you keep complaining about your customers on here for well over a year, and keep expecting a different result from us.

Why don't you just get out of the business already?

Yeah... I think your customers are about as stupid as you are, agent992.

Why? Because you keep complaining about your customers on here for well over a year, and keep expecting a different result from us.

Why don't you just get out of the business already?

Ok, I'd normally jump on the bash the *** bandwagon but with posts like...

10 year advance on commissions? what?? i didnt know that's what you got

I thought it was about 200 for every member you enroll..

I don't want to disparage someone whom may be suffering from an Intellectual disability.

We've all been there, guy. Just curious, what market and state you are working? I can believe you can make a living selling health insurance?

DHK- you're a very rude person and your comment showed how utterly stupid you are. My questions aren't stupid at all. You sound like a horrible person along with tkruger two pathetic losers who think they know it all, but know nothing.
Ive also put you two miserable clowns on ignore- so I don't have to listen to your incessant bullshittery since you live on this forum and think you know it all.

And my question stands- why do customers trust scam artists but not decent or legitimate people or agents. Sounds like a moral and mental defect on their part

Well, I didn't try to create a new user id for the forum in some attempt to restart a defunct personality.

Nor have I ever gave my own posts a "thumbs up" as you did for your opening post on this thread.

I stand by what I said: You need to get out of the business. You are bitter to your customers and your non-buyers. (I think they're smart enough to not work with you, especially if they've seen your posts here.)

But to answer your question... here's a video clip that you can learn from regarding the law of sowing and reaping.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back