Why are we so lazy?

My favorite sales book of all time is The Psychology of Sales Call Reluctance. After interviewing thousands of salespeople, they looked for the common threads in top performers and identified many things that were correlated too high to be simple coincidence.

We always give these tests to any prospective hire. Hiring Salespeople, Sales Pre-Hire Test and Consulting

They are well worth the cost. It helps prevent hiring poor salespeople, and it helps manage and coach others to become better.

My favorite sales book of all time is The Psychology of Sales Call Reluctance. After interviewing thousands of salespeople, they looked for the common threads in top performers and identified many things that were correlated too high to be simple coincidence.

We always give these tests to any prospective hire. Hiring Salespeople, Sales Pre-Hire Test and Consulting

They are well worth the cost. It helps prevent hiring poor salespeople, and it helps manage and coach others to become better.

Do you only use the Sales Call Reluctance test or have you used the other tests as well? Mike seems to have quite a few tests to choose from.

RE: How many types of people there are in this world. This has nothing to do with closing, work ethic, but it makes life a lot easier.

Two types of people in the world.

Type 1: People that save money first, spend what is left over.

Type 2: Spend first, save what is left over.

Most of America is Type 2

Be a Type 1.

Talented B2B Sales Professional Needed - $78,000+

Anyone familiar with the mortgage broker industry? If you don't think an ad like this gets replies you're wrong. Basically, you're logged into an auto-dialer all day cold-calling, 10 hours a day for 1.5 deals per day and note that each deal is $200. So it's cold-calling all day for $300 per day.

Anyone want to take a wild stab at the results of being on an auto-dialer all day generating insurance prospects? 2 deals a day....at least.

I had a good independent buddy of mine quit selling insurance in Kansas about 2 years ago. He went to Capital One to do mortgages and take a while shot at what they had him doing 8 hours a day.

Any successful mortgage broker would double or triple their income selling insurance.

Now - I can include myself in this so don't get me wrong. But what exactly is the reason insurance agents aren't on the phones 5 hours a day generating leads and 3 hours a day writing deals.

This tread deserves to live longer:biggrin:
</IMG>

Back