Why Choose a Bankers Fidelity Med Sup Over Some Others?

This thread is the very reason CMS has clamped down on MAPD and PDP sales. Two agents working with someone; neither knowing what is best for her.

Here is a little insurance 101 for you. You know why the DOI won't let you use words best or greatest when describing insurance? Because there is no such thing. What is best for this woman is subjective, it just all depends on how you look at it and what her objectives were. All we can hope is that both agents were honestly presenting what they thought was best for her based on what they understood her objectives to be.

Oh my gosh! I feel like I've been shot at with many arrows.

First off, FRANK, thank you for answering my question. While my 90 year old senior insisted she obtained her A gap plan 25 years ago, I found out today that her gap A coverage started in 2006. Her A then is the same now in 2010. The benefits are the same.

So, I feel comfortable moving her to a 2010 A, saving her money, and giving her an ISSUE rate that is, LESS than what she is currently paying. Enough said. Longevity is prominent in the family. She will save money.

post_new.gif
Today, 03:29 AM #16 Longtimeagent
Thanks for your post but JDeasy shared his knowledge about the subject. I think my post pretty much says the same thing?!!!! I gave advice. Please don't prosecute me........

jdeasy

I'm educated. Make no mistake about that. The rest of your post I'm not even going to comment one. You are incorrect, but I care not to argue with you about CA Medigap Insurance enrollment, GI etc., etc., .....Let's talk about something fun? The price of tea in China?.....Your favorite restaurant, wine, outdoor adventure?????

I'm selling Med Sups every day, price is not an issue! Sell yourself, consider the client's interest, then sell the product that you believe is the best product for your client!!!!

Come to California JD and I will buy you a drink! wink wink

Here is a little insurance 101 for you. You know why the DOI won't let you use words best or greatest when describing insurance? Because there is no such thing. What is best for this woman is subjective, it just all depends on how you look at it and what her objectives were. All we can hope is that both agents were honestly presenting what they thought was best for her based on what they understood her objectives to be.

Thank you.

The reason why I had asked the question was because the company is brand spanking new into my state (which I am not going to say, mainly to preserve my privacy in the event anyone I work with is on here and recognozes the situation), and any time you work with a BRAND NEW PRODUCT in your area, the only way you can learn about it is to ask, especially when no one, including the doctors, have ever heard if it.

In response to some other questions - yes, I know there are times when my prices are more but there are also times when my prices are less. I just saved a couple 1200 a year by changing their med supps, another lady 600 a year for hers. People on this forum have even mentioned "selling based on what people can afford". Talk about hypocryts! This client wasn't worried about price, she wanted good coverage. She wanted to know her bills would be paid, which average bills with my company are paid within 3 days (according to my own records, mulitple years of them). If I'm correct, we are all in this business to help people, not put people down and make judgements on others.

Before you rush to judge the other agent, perhaps he really felt good about the company. He might well have conveyed that confidence to the client, and she decided to go with a company she felt good about and save money over your option.

Remember, plans are all the same, the only difference is a company's history of paying claims and its history of rate increases. Many states allow seniors to change plans on a GI basis under certain conditions. If your state is one of these states, she can always leave Banker's Fidelity if it goes south on her.

Back