Why does Final Expense feel scummy

DHurd

Super Genius
The entire thing leaves a bad taste. Everything from the "leads" to the "scripts". It gives me an uneasy feeling.

Unrelated to the topic, but not completely, It's unfortunate civilization has devolved into this way of existing where such things as generating revenue for unsurous corporations is the difference of starvation and life

The entire thing leaves a bad taste. Everything from the "leads" to the "scripts". It gives me an uneasy feeling.

Unrelated to the topic, but not completely, It's unfortunate civilization has devolved into this way of existing where such things as generating revenue for unsurous corporations is the difference of starvation and life
Must be you... Doesn't feel scummy to me. I know when I sell someone an FE plan, I have just done a huge favor for their family. Just this week, I saw a lady that was making a plea on Facebook for someone to help her with the final expenses for her mother who died without any life insurance.. She just that they had scraped together every dime they could raise and still only had enough to pay about 1/2 of the bill. She said they had set up a Go Fund Me Account but it hadn't helped. Just think of the heartache that could have been avoided if some agent had convinced the mother to buy an FE plan?

As for usurious companies, FE companies are in the business to make money but their profits aren't extreme. Weren't you asking about which companies paid the best commission a while back? How is that any different than a company wanting to make a profit?

If you really feel the way you say, why are you even considering selling FE?

I don't like to sell FE, but it doesn't mean I don't see the value with it.

Here's the deal.. you need to answer your why. Why do you want to sell insurance?

Once you know that why, you can tailor to the people you want to help.

I'll tell the three stories when people don't how important FE is to some people:

My sister in laws father developed terminal cancer. He had no savings..

Spaghetti benefit and family paid for those services.

Other sister in laws daughter died from SIDS.

Guess who loaned them the money to pay for her funeral AND contributed to a family benefit so they could feel like they paid me back?

My mom had terminal lung cancer. She had to work until the shift she had a seizure due to Mets to the brain. She died the next day.

No life insurance except work.

Guess who would have paid that?

GoFundMe, Spaghetti benefits, families that are low income pitching in for a funeral...

Those aren't final expense planning tools.

Only you can answer your question because the reason it feels the way it does to you is entirely in your head. The best way to fix that opinion of yours is to go sell a bunch of final expense insurance and then deliver your first death claim. Deliver that check and then come back and tell us how you feel about about final expense.

You're profiting from the fact that people haven't even set aside enough to be buried. So yeah, you feel bad.

Then don't put it in your mouth. If someone says it's OK you will learn to like it .... Nevermind.

At first read, many of us may want to get defensive on your comment. This how we feed our families. But I get it, Many years ago when I first started selling FE I was coming out of 'The real Insurance' world. The FE agents I ran into smelled of cigarettes and coffee. Scuffed shoes and stained polyester ties. A bunch of them flat out lied to the clients. They bum-rushed the door and bullied the uneducated person into signing up. Just before the encyclopedia and Bible salesman came by. And some, not all, of the clients, were just nasty.

I know some of those agents are still out there and I know for a fact the clients are as well.

Once I found this forum I saw there are professional FE agents. Just a different market.

Just don't be one of those agents and do not deal with those clients.

""It's unfortunate civilization has devolved into this way of existing where such things as generating revenue for unsurous corporations is the difference of starvation and life""

Devolved? I started with a that was established in 1862. They have been for profit a very long time. I have been for-profit since about the age of 11. Where are you getting usurious? It is a financial product designed to solve a problem the end-user wants solved. The solution has a price. The price is not the problem, it is the solution. In my career I have had one claim not paid. And he lied on the app. I have had a claim paid on a death within hours of writing the app. Which was still my trunk when the family called me.

Don’t sell Final Expense. Sell Life Insurance

That, That, That.

As for usurious companies, FE companies are in the business to make money but their profits aren't extreme.

True. The profit the agents make is crazy. I sell a $100 a month product that I do not have to manufacture or even stand behind. My cost can be as low as a tank of gas and bic pen. I make $1,200.00 to $1,500.00. And they will deposit $1,000.00 of it into my account before the client even pays a cent. That is Freaking Cray Cray.

I don't like to sell FE, but it doesn't mean I don't see the value with it.

That is usually the deciding factor in how people see this.

Deliver that check and then come back and tell us how you feel about about final expense.

That! I have a claim at TA on a lady I wrote about 5 years ago. After helping her with a claim. Her daughter, the bene, also bought plans on her and her husband, He died a few months later. Claim paid. She lapsed. I just wrote her and her brother. and have a meeting with her cousin next week. The same day I wrote the lady I wrote her ex-husband and his brother. The ex lapsed his policy, then died. Leaving it up to his family to handle. The brother is now in a wheelchair and a diaper. They want more coverage on him. Uninsurable for first-day level coverage. But the plan I wrote 5 years ago is there.

Every one of these people asked me if I would please help them with insurance. Because they believed.

I don't feel scummy.

Sounds like you’re not getting in front of the right clients.

Back