Why does the DoI care about replacement?

Some of them went as far to join the military to get their citizenship.
You know that is a good point, why can't these people do 4 or 6 years (at a lower pay scale) to work towards citizenship? Obviously not for all positions, but how qualified does one have to be to mop a deck?

A lot of countries use foreigners for their military, look at Saudi Arabia - you ever notice their military looks nothing like them?

I am talking about grunt positions obviously...

Or prisoners for that matter , that fact that the military won't take anyone that farted in the last 2 years reminds me of individual insurance underwriting. We need some people that are rough around the edges in the military.

Hmm, I'm confused on this thought.

The confusion is probably related to the SMOG out in Cali :)

I pay my gardener a flat rate, he mows my grass.
I bought the extended warranty on my car, something breaks, I pay $100, it gets fixed.
I pay a few dollars a month to have someone keep my computers running.
I pay my auto insurance so if I hit something, I pay a deductible and my insurance covers the rest (and the person I hit).

If you need a new part for your mower you go out and buy one, but do resort to paying $10 for a new motor unless insurance is involved. Then again, the potential cost to fix your car or mower isn't more than likely going into the 6 digits like health care can .

Why should I not be able to buy health insurance with copays when I can do this with virtually everything else in life?

I should have been clearer. I'm not saying to take away co-pays, although I can see how that may have come across earlier. HSA's need to be repriced to make it more alluring to the copay person, which probably means HDHP costs go down, while copay plans go up.

I agree, I should have the choice, but don't take the choice away. Doctors can compete for my business, regardless of whether I make a copay for a full pay.

Not entirely because of the secrecy surrounding medical costs with different insurance carriers and networks. Most people ask a friend or pick a new doctor out of the phone book. People should view their health similar to preventative maintenance on a car. You get your oil changes, tire rotations, transmission flushing, etc. to make your car last longer and perform well. Same thing applied to getting shots, mri's, etc. Despite Assurant's pricing on co pay plans, I like their approach because it makes people think twice about buying a copay plan vs. a HDHP.

When I'm sick enough to go to the doctor, I don't want to make 2 hours of phone calls to see who is running a special that week
:)

Cry me a river Dan :)

You know that is a good point, why can't these people do 4 or 6 years (at a lower pay scale) to work towards citizenship? Obviously not for all positions, but how qualified does one have to be to mop a deck?

A lot of countries use foreigners for their military, look at Saudi Arabia - you ever notice their military looks nothing like them?

I am talking about grunt positions obviously...

Or prisoners for that matter , that fact that the military won't take anyone that farted in the last 2 years reminds me of individual insurance underwriting. We need some people that are rough around the edges in the military.

The Air Force and Navy are the strictest, while the Army and Marines are the most lenient. I agree with you 100%. You either put up or shut up in my book. My friend signed up for 6 years in the USAF to obtain his citizenship and he received quality training, education, travel opportunities, and the ability to fight with the other branches when we trained together. Personally, I like going up against marines, but that's just me. Those are some strong willed people, loyal and supportive. Well, except for one I know!

My how we have wondered....

TXINSURANCE:
I'm in one of those "grunt" positions. I'm an infantryman in the Marine Corps Reserve. Trust me, I don't want a bunch of people that barely speak English coming into the infantry. I've served with people that even got sworn in as citizens while we were deployed -- but I'd hate the idea of just a huge lump of non-citizens being all tossed into the infantry.

Despite what the ASVAB requirements say, you have to be smart to be a good infantryman. It is truly a thinkin' man's game. I had a rock in my fire team, and I was hoping he would just shoot himself in the foot and get sent home so I wouldn't have to babysit his every action anymore.

Back