Why should I let you help me?

@jack3454 probably won't be the last time someone surprises you. The next time it will be easier. Won't be the same question, but something you weren't expecting will come up.

The more you talk to people, F2F or on the phone, the more relaxed and confident you will become.

Often the best way to handle objections is with a question.

Why do you believe a SHIP counselor would be better for you?

You catch them off guard. They don't expect you to question their position. Asking a question forces them to think about what they said without being confrontational.

Not if they're not licensed and contracted with the carrier and that would be a conflict of interests.
Then it seems like a point to be made in a conversation like op is asking about is the prospects will either have to go to an agent or direct to the carrier to actually buy a product.

The sale was lost before the wife mentioned SHIP. At that point, it is essentially too far gone to bring it back.
Hah, if the wife starts talking trash, you know you've wasted your time. They may even have confidence in you, and take your advice, but have decided that they are not going to use your services, for whatever reason. I had one like that for U65 that called me twice, and had me write a paragraph explaining the difference in the two plans that they were considering.

I didn't hear from them for a week. The person that referred them to me called, and told me that they had taken my advice, and enrolled direct wtih the carrier. He said that it was an issue between him and them. They were getting him back for getting involved in their lives or some bs, idk.

Back