Why should I let you help me?

"Act as if you couldn't care less which way they decide and mean it."
People don't care how much you know until they know how much you care.
If you came to my house with that attitude, it would be a very short meeting.

I think he's talking about being perceived as a "salesman just looking for a commission".

After many years, I've seen this "laid back" approach work very well, giving the prospect the impression that I don't need their business, or make the sale to pay the rent. People don't like pushy salesman, and most want to deal with successful agents.

BTW, I'm also interviewing them at the same time, I don't care to take on PITA clients.

After many years, I've seen this "laid back" approach work very well, giving the prospect the impression that I don't need their business, or make the sale to pay the rent. People don't like pushy salesman, and most want to deal with successful agents.

BTW, I'm also interviewing them at the same time, I don't care to take on PITA clients.
They should still feel like the business is important to you.
You dont want to come out with commission breath but people want to be valued as a client.

Totally agree with both.

A couple of my biggest clients have come from orphan accounts that tried to bully me. The first time I pulled out a surrender form, filled it out and handed the clients a pen was an aha moment.

The "take away" close has been very effective for me.

I got questioned while I was at a persons house. I was helping the husband, and the wife who was not medicare agem grilled me. She asked why they should work with me instead of the people at SHIP (volunteers of the state who are apparently medicare advisors). I wasn’t really sure how to respond to that as it caught me off guard.

What would you say to this If it were you?
I assume you're finding this thread to be pure gold

Because SHIP volunteers are not licensed and bonded agents. They have absolutely nothing to lose. They take a one-time class on basic government Medicare. They are not educated on supplements or Medicare Advantage plans. They are not regularly and routinely re-educated and trained. That's why. When you need legal advice, would you go to a volunteer who took a one-time class or an actual lawyer that specializes in the field??

Last edited:
Because SHIP volunteers are not licensed and bonded agents. They have absolutely nothing to lose. They take a one-time class on basic government Medicare. They are not educated on supplements or Medicare Advantage plans. They are not regularly and routinely re-educated and trained. That's why. When you need legal advice, would you go to a volunteer who took a one-time class or an actual lawyer that specializes in the field?? DUH!

idk if you're active on reddit but the medicare subreddit is full of people pushing ship.. it's hilarious.

Agents are crooks and SHIP is the only "non-biased" source because we get paid and they dont

Back