Why Your Pharmacist Can’t Tell You That $20 Prescription Could Cost Only $8

I could get better at understanding it and really should since we're an IMO (but I don't push Part D), but in all honesty, I think Part D is just a scam between the Gov't and the Drug companies despite what they would like for you to believe. Part D is voluntary? MY ASS! How is is voluntary when you'll be charged a penalty if you don't take it when they say you are supposed to. Even if you don't take any drugs at the moment they still want your money.

WHO says Part D is voluntary??? That's total crap

WHO says Part D is voluntary??? That's total crap

Did you know that Social Security is also voluntary? You don't have to participate. Of course, since your parents got you a SSN as a child so they could deduct you on their taxes, good luck opting out.

Did you know that Social Security is also voluntary? You don't have to participate. Of course, since your parents got you a SSN as a child so they could deduct you on their taxes, good luck opting out.

This sound like the nutjobs who also think the IRS is illegal.

Social Security is also voluntary?

Not exactly cowboy. You must be a John Bircher, or Alex Jones KoolAid drinker.

School systems and municipal groups can opt out. Ministers could at one time but that loophole was closed when folks started getting Divinity degrees from Costa Rica and declaring their home a church.

Everyone else is IN the system.

Not exactly cowboy. You must be a John Bircher, or Alex Jones KoolAid drinker.

School systems and municipal groups can opt out. Ministers could at one time but that loophole was closed when folks started getting Divinity degrees from Costa Rica and declaring their home a church.

Everyone else is IN the system.

You're referring to people who have a SSN. I'm saying you don't even have to get one.

Now, you are basically excluded from the modern economy and you'd need to convince your parents not to get you one, but assuming you can pull that off...

And yes, my son has a SSN, and no you can't have it.

My parents didn't get me an SSN but they did buy a Met Life insurance plan to pay for my college. When I turned 18 there was around $300 in cash value.

Got my own SSN @ 16 when I got a job at a grocery store.

And yes, you don't have to get an SSN if you are willing to work for cash and barter.

From the same folks that gave us Obamacare.

You don't have to buy it if you don't want to, but if you don't you pay a penalty.

Sounds like the protection money mobsters collect.

"Hey, youse guys don't have to pay if you don't wanna. But God forbid something really BAD should happen."

Back