Will BBB Backlink Help SEO?

BBB is worth the $40. I don't even use the back link.

Some people WILL check you out through them and will prefer to do business with BBB members.

No reason not to.

I thnk u missed the $40/mo part.

If $40 a month is a problem then I don't think you should be in this business.

If it doesn't help you land 1-sale per year it's not worth doing. If it does help with 1 sale per year, it's paid for.

Does anyone else find it ironic that they call to solicit your advertising$$ in exchange for their endorsement?

Right, and if you want to use their logo it's more money. In my case, as I've previously discussed, they gave one of my businesses a F rating over a single complaint and on the phone said it would be "taken care of" if I joined.

That's extortion.

Thanks for the feedback. Think I will invest my $$ elsewhere.

Hope I don't get a negative report now.

I'll stick with them. It is what it is. A lot of our consumers do place a lot of value with them. I don't believe the paying off for a good or bad report part. That stuff just makes for good TV.

For example: an agency here in town that is NOT a member showed up on the unanswered complaints list one month. They responded and worked with BBB to answer the complaints and came out unscathed and still have an A+ rating. They have never joined or paid any money. But the consumer got their problem resolved.

Back