Will this Marriage Finally Be Consummated?

must be a slow news day...

the industry has challenges providing solutions just as our clients do individually...this is a national/global issue that everyone is trying to figure out.......we seem to be focusing more on the reactions here, as opposed to the issues themselves .

Can you translate this into something I can understand ?

Can you translate this into something I can understand ?

Let me help you:

the industry has challenges providing solutions
There have been changes in the LTCI industry, with few providers leaving the business entirely or a consumer market (MetLife, Allianz, Prudential), as well as rate increases

just as our clients do individually...
Our clients are struggling to pay the costs of LTC... Example: 400/day for nursing home while a policy only covers say $270/day.

this is a national/global issue that everyone is trying to figure out.......
Indeed, due to aging baby-boomer generation, there are expectations of further rise in the cost of care, with more Medicaid clients than ever. Hence an attempt by the government to "do something".

we seem to be focusing more on the reactions here
Perceived "consolidation" as evidenced by the merger discussed in this thread and other issues not related to "solving the problem"

as opposed to the issues themselves
Self-explanatory.

Feeling better Mr_Ed ?

Let me help you:

There have been changes in the LTCI industry, with few providers leaving the business entirely or a consumer market (MetLife, Allianz, Prudential), as well as rate increases

And I don't believe this was the topic of this thread, I guess you want to change the topic ?

I see your LTCFP buddy, "gene" out of NY has joined us.

Welcome Gene!

Our clients are struggling to pay the costs of LTC... Example: 400/day for nursing home while a policy only covers say $270/day.

Once again, wrong thread.

Indeed, due to aging baby-boomer generation, there are expectations of further rise in the cost of care, with more Medicaid clients than ever. Hence an attempt by the government to "do something".

Off topic captain obvious.

Perceived "consolidation" as evidenced by the merger discussed in this thread and other issues not related to "solving the problem"

Why do you read the thread if you don't like it ?

Feeling better Mr_Ed ?

You have the wrong person!

The mustache reminds me of Daniel Day Lewis in the movie gangs of new york, maybe it is a New York thing ?

OK movie critic Gene Shalit comes to mind.

Last edited:
I see your LTCFP buddy, "gene" out of NY has joined us.
Ummm what makes you think he's from LTCFP?

Welcome Gene!
Indeed.

Once again, wrong thread....
All irrelevant... someone asked to explain Gene's post - I did my best.

You have the wrong person!
Gasp! Can that be! Perhaps it is because sometime it feels just like one-mind type environment here: dissent is not tolerated very well.

----------

The mustache reminds me of Daniel Day Lewis in the movie gangs of new york, maybe it is a New York thing ?

OK movie critic Gene Shalit comes to mind.
Can someone please explain WHY you think it is THAT Gene? I have found nothing on his profile to be indicative of that.

Appreciate the clarifications (interpretations ) of my initial comments.
Guess this is a collaborative forum after all! My overriding point was that the nature of providing solutions for the ongoing and threatening issues we have all chosen to rise up against, has been forcing everyone involved, to consistently retrench, relearn and adapt.....while this forum certainly is an opportunity to learn and express our thoughts and opinions, just seems that sometimes petty issues take on a life of their own.

must be a slow news day...

the industry has challenges providing solutions just as our clients do individually...this is a national/global issue that everyone is trying to figure out.......we seem to be focusing more on the reactions here, as opposed to the issues themselves .

Appreciate the clarifications (interpretations ) of my initial comments.
Guess this is a collaborative forum after all! My overriding point was that the nature of providing solutions for the ongoing and threatening issues we have all chosen to rise up against, has been forcing everyone involved, to consistently retrench, relearn and adapt.....while this forum certainly is an opportunity to learn and express our thoughts and opinions, just seems that sometimes petty issues take on a life of their own.

gene cutler didn't write this gibberish.

gene cutler is a very smart man with superb writing skills.

this gene is definitely not gene cutler.

Back