Will United’s substandard med sup that’s basically GI take kidney dialysis?

DonP

Guru
5000 Post Club
A guy called me that has a mapd and he’s on dialysis. He’ll pay the $380 a month .

Wants the 100% paid . Will the accept him ? I’m going to guess kidney dialysis is a no even on that plan .

His moop is $6700 right now and I can’t move him till Jan effective date . Can he get that product ? Yes or no .

I have no idea what a substandard med supp is, and I have no idea if he is trial right period.

You're the MAPD king, you should know the answer.

I was baiting you into our other MAPD vs med supp discussion. Seems the timing mid year of his illness has hit his pocket book being on MAPD. Whether its financial or access to care reasons, nobody ever knows when "that day will come"

Level 2 med sup it’s called . Your the United med sup king . Surely you know the product . He was a referral. No question some people will be better off on a med sup after the fact . Like I said . I go over both products throughly . They make the decision. To this day I’ve never replaced 1 med sup with a mapd unless they approached me to do it . And plenty want to move .

His moop is $6700 right now and I can’t move him till Jan effective date . Can he get that product ? Yes or no .

If you can’t move him until January (and you can’t unless he has an SEP), then what does it matter if he can get the Med Supp or not? He’s stuck where he is without an SEP.

I can’t speak for that product in Arizona, but in Georgia he’d be a decline on it. One of the knockout questions asks if they are on dialysis.

99% of my MC biz is T65 or coming off group plan. I dont get mixed up in level 2 or underwriting or GI situations. Its not in my ballpark. I stay in my narrow lane.

The answer is no. You should look at the underwriting guide every once in a while if you're going to sell Medicare.

Secondly, sounds like he's ERSD.. how about C-SNP? I mean, he does have a SEP if he's on dialysis as that's considered a chronic condition... right? There are plenty of plans on the plan finder, Cigna; Humana, and UHC that are 3k or under. Seems like a better deal than the 6700 MooP he has now...

Not to kick a dog when he's down.. but this is the difference between us. You brag about how much production you do. I know the actual program.

You are a "salesperson." I'm an agent.

Last edited:
Back