Wordpress Mirror Blog?

This is not legal advice - but not everything is fair use. In fact, fair use can get very complicated.

Can I post entire articles on my site from CNN, Fox and ABC even if I give the author credit? No. News aggregators like Huffington have to be very careful. Some articles they can post in their entirely, some not. They need permission. If they posted an entire WSJ article without permission, even giving the author credit they'd be in trouble.

In this case, they have taken his entire blog and reposted it. That he is still credited as the author is neither here nor there since I feel it violates fair use laws.

Imagine I scanned every page from a new cookbook and posted it on my site while still giving the author credit. Lawsuit? You betcha.

Last edited:
Imagine I scanned every page from a new cookbook and posted it on my site while still giving the author credit. Lawsuit? You betcha.

Even if the cookbook is free or public domain?

I'm not an attorney. If someone took my entire Agent Nav blog on reposted it on a site so they could derive revenue, even if they credited me I'd hire an attorney.

Back